FAVORITE RECIPES..

I just got my first Georgia buck back from the processor.. wondering what some of your favorite recipes for venison are..

post em up!!

ilbcnu

I like to add a stick of butter and a little olive oil to a cast iron skillet or wok and get it super hot, then season chunks of haunch or round meat with kinders buttery steakhouse and some Montreal steak seasoning and toss it in the hot wok with onions and portabella mushrooms and sear it to mouth watering perfection for 7 minutes stirring constantly20211024_202331.jpg

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I process my own 95% of the time, was working up the doe I got Thursday. Got 10 pounds of jerky marinating and 4 quarts of cold pack in the canner, then it started pouring.

As far as recipes, I substitute venison for beef a lot, stir fry, stews, burgers, meat loaf, pasta dishes, etc. Do the same with goose.

Recipes are merely generic guidance, make it your own

Last edited:

earlthegoat2

Butterflied backstraps battered with flour salt and pepper. 3 minutes to a side on medium heat or whatever gives you a nice medium rare.

Same thing but no battering. Seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder.

I make breakfast sausage using this recipe. I use it wherever ground beef is called for whether it is for breakfast or not.

The Only Venison Breakfast Sausage Recipe You Need | MeatEater Cook (themeateater.com)

Marinate cubes in Thai Peanut Sauce for a few hours. Use it in peanut stir fry.

chrislibby88

We pretty much use venison for anything that calls for beef.

One of my personal favorites is whole grilled blackstrap. I never cube or steak my back straps while processing, they are tender and don’t need cubing, even old bucks. LEAVE THEM WHOLE, or cut in half. I coat the whole backstrap roast with whatever dry rub I’m in the mood for (usually salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, garlic) then throw them on the pellet smoker. I cook on one side until they reach around 100 degrees internal, brush the exterior with a vinegar/mustard sop, then flip until they hit between 130 (medium rare) and 140 (medium) internal. Pull immediately, let rest, then slice into steaks.

HuntinJake_23

Grilled backstrap with salt and pepper and sometimes finished with a bourbon glaze. I leave the backstraps in 6-8 inch sections; salt, pepper, olive oil then high heat sear over a charcoal fire with pecan wood. Sear about 2-3 minutes each side until internal temp of 120, if glazing I start basting around 115. Then pull off and rest about 5 minutes and enjoy!

Attachments

• EC4C8930-3E4C-470E-9E99-18150BAB88D8.jpeg
    EC4C8930-3E4C-470E-9E99-18150BAB88D8.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 41

chrislibby88

Grilled backstrap with salt and pepper and sometimes finished with a bourbon glaze. I leave the backstraps in 6-8 inch sections; salt, pepper, olive oil then high heat sear over a charcoal fire with pecan wood. Sear about 2-3 minutes each side until internal temp of 120, if glazing I start basting around 115. Then pull off and rest about 5 minutes and enjoy!
This man knows what he’s doing.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Try cleaning up one of the backstraps good and and slicing thick. Marinate in pays marinade recipe for a few hours and grill nice and hot , rare and enjoy . I prefer it over a cow steak

specialk

i like ground for sloppy does...lol.. and also use a box of hamburger helper.....also theres some good soup recipes using ground hamburger that i will sub out deer......

Deerhunter12454

Simple.
Zesty Italian and a back strap cleaned up. Marinate the back strap in the dressing for however long you want. Then throw it on charcoal and cook until done.

bany

Im glad I’m eating right now! I like #8 & #11 on this thread. Nothing wrong with #7 either! A whole roast on a HOT Weber with a tad of smoke to start. JUST COVER WITH BUTTER PATS AND SEA SALT, Then pull at 130 and ignore your impulses for at least 5 minutes!

Whit90

Grilled backstrap is my favorite. I tried heart last year is it was pretty dang good and pretty comparable back strap, just a slightly different texture. I did tomahawks last year which was cool. I plan on doing a whole rack this year. Other than that, I love some fried cube steak on a biscuit!

Latest posts