Favorite way to fish

Cmp1

BANNED
Texas rigged weightless 3/0 Gamakatsu EWG. Pitched or skipped and they skip SOOOO good. You can skip em wayyyyyyy back under docks. The key is when that Senko hits the water is DO NOTHING..........no movement from your rod tip.......NOTHING......I mean NOTHING! Reread last sentence. Just let it sink naturally. When it hits the bottom bump it a time or two. Reel in and repeat. I have never in my life caught more bass on anything even close to the numbers I've caught on Senkos. Docks, laydowns. Success is as certain as death and taxes!

CMP1......play some Gilmour in the boat......that helps too :)
Thanks Sir,,,,I was using a Tru turn,under a o ring,,,,weightless,,,,

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I guess I'm gonna have to go with a couple of baitwells full of live bait such as shrimp, fiddler crabs, pin fish and LYs and a couple handfuls of warm Spring days to chase inshore/nearshore species around the coasts of Georgia and Florida.
...and it's right around the corner!

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
Mullet fishing...chest deep in water with a bream buster off the sandbar on a hot day

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I love just about any and all kinds of fishing. A typical year will find me doing a lot of fly fishing for wild trout, spinner fishing for doughbellies, fly and spin fishing for river smallmouths, redbreasts and rock bass, trolling and casting to blowdowns for crappie, jug fishing and pole fishing for catfish, bass fishing in lakes, bowfishing for carp and gar, hitting creeks and inlets for reds, sea trout, and flounder, bottom fishing for whiting and whatever else hits, and any other kind of fishing that I have an opportunity to do. I just love to fish. I'd say fly fishing for wild trout and jug fishing for catfish are my favorites.

pop pop jones

No hunting for me anymore but whould love to have you teach me to fly fish in your boat,,,,I only pheasant hunted anyway,,,,love your boat,,,,
You need to try just roll casting a fly. It's not hard just cast out as far as you can, strip out some line and flip the rod tip to make the line roll over itself.

RamblinWreck

I've given this some thought.

I love just about any fishing that gets me a bend in my rod with a fish on the other end, and I have fished for over a half century.

Lately, I'm partial to casting/dock-shooting jigs (my hand-tied and store-bought), on very light, sensitive JDM rods, to hungry crappie and shellcrackers. So much fun!

joepuppy

Probably my favorite was like I fished with my dad. Flyrod with a tiny cork and a sliver of lead, with a #6 Mustad hook and a cricket. In the spring on a river or creek, the bream (stumpknockers and warmouth) would keep you busy for hours. There's nothing like wading a creek all afternoon for a nice mess of fish.

lampern

Whatever is biting and legal to fish for

The few times I get to the ocean to fish I do enjoy specifically targeting flounder and pompano to eat....

Last edited:

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
My favorite is probably topwater for pretty much anything that will hit surface baits. I love a buzzbait or popper for largemouth and walking baits in saltwater. I also love throwing big swimbaits for big bass. Like REALLY big swimbaits. 10 inch glides and 8 inch paddletails and that kind of stuff. Working a spinnerbait just beneath the surface and getting visual strikes are always awesome too. Those are my PREFERRED ways to fish. As for my most PRODUCTIVE ways to fish, that would be Drop shot, jigging spoons, lipless cranks and Carolina rigs. Just plain old flat out DEADLY ways to fish on literally any given day for bass, stripers, crappie, catfish and anything else in the water, even in the ocean!

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
I will fish for pretty much anything pretty much anywhere with pretty much any rig or gear. Spinning, baitcaster, fly rod, Catfish, bass, trout, crappies, redfish, flounder, snook, grouper, it's all great to me! I've fished for sharks in the ocean and bluegills out of a ditch next to the gas station the same day! As long as there's something actually there to be caught, I'm happy! That said, if I had a choice, it's Topwater!

Lindseys Grandpa

My least favorite way is trolling but i will do it. I like casting for crappie and stripes. I also like anchoring on a spot and just sitting back waiting for a bite . Had a buddy take me dropshotting for some spots back in January we probably caught 60 i will be doing that again. I am gonna try some drifting for big cats this year . I like jugging also me and crackerdave caught a good mess awhile back .