Fayette Co reservoirs PSA

turkeykirk

If I fish there, I’ll go by and borrow my in-laws Fayette county tagged car. :biggrin3:

specialk

Thats great, it'll keep the riff raff out....lol ...

BoosterC

That is insane. I may go to those lakes at most 5 times a year. I gues I won't be buying any gas in Fayette, no snacks, stopping to eat breakfast or dinner. I'd bet a Randall Kirkpatrick swimbait that the morons who thought that huge fee was good for the county, think boating and fishing are nuisances.

hawkeye123

Be interesting to see how many non residents fork out that much mullah..I fished Horton a lot when I lived in Brooks..work in Fayette , would never pay that..might as well just make it residents only..How will this effect Jon boat tournaments?

Old Yapper

That is insane. I may go to those lakes at most 5 times a year. I gues I won't be buying any gas in Fayette, no snacks, stopping to eat breakfast or dinner. I'd bet a Randall Kirkpatrick swimbait that the morons who thought that huge fee was good for the county, think boating and fishing are nuisances.
They absolutely think fishermen are nuisances and unworthy to tread on their hallowed grounds. (especially those from other counties who do not pay them homage)
unemployed politicians CROPPED.jpg

klerchkatcher

The problem is not the regular fisherman. It is the guys abusing the resource. Back in the spring I was looking at fishing different waters. Found a video of a guy catching crappie in Fayette county. Went to the lake he was crappie fishing on and found the place he was at. Caught a few keeper crappie, nothing to make me think I will be back. I live in Henry county. As I was on the water, met a local Fayette county fisherman.

Got to talking and he asked where I was from. I said Henry county. He said there has been many out of county fisherman hammering the lake latelty. He said it was putting a hurting on the fish. Said he say a guy who was catching crappie and that he was the over limit. Said he had been watching him for awhile. Said he told him that the limit is 30 per person. The guy told him to mind his own (bleep) business. So only a few fisherman are the real problem.

kirby999

The problem is not the regular fisherman. It is the guys abusing the resource. Back in the spring I was looking at fishing different waters. Found a video of a guy catching crappie in Fayette county. Went to the lake he was crappie fishing on and found the place he was at. Caught a few keeper crappie, nothing to make me think I will be back. I live in Henry county. As I was on the water, met a local Fayette county fisherman.

Got to talking and he asked where I was from. I said Henry county. He said there has been many out of county fisherman hammering the lake latelty. He said it was putting a hurting on the fish. Said he say a guy who was catching crappie and that he was the over limit. Said he had been watching him for awhile. Said he told him that the limit is 30 per person. The guy told him to mind his own (bleep) business. So only a few fisherman are the real problem.
I agree with you 100% .
I’ve lived in Fayette county for over 25 years and have fished the three reservoirs here since they each opened .
I've Rarely taken any fish home .
I’ve seen the fishing go from spectacular to in the toilet lately because of over taking , not over fishing .
These are small lakes compared to the large reservoirs in Ga. Like West Point and Lanier .
The fishery is fragil.
But I don’t think out of county over fishing was behind going to a high dollar annual pass fee .
I think the Fayette County Marshals are tired of dealing with out of county rule breakers .
I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of them check for fish regulations. It’s always been , permits , boating equipment and whether you get off the water by closing time .

OwlRNothing

Who do they think they are? Tennessee? LOL

for $300 you can fish the entire state(s) of GA, NC and FL for a year. They're basically saying " If you don't live here, don't come here to fish." ( or spend money. )

TL60

Im 15 min from Lake Kedron, but don't live in Fayette county. Cool lake to put an inflatable pontoon in and spend a couple of hours chilling and fishing. ( I put them all back)
I probably do 95% of my grocery shopping and 90% of any restaurant visits there too. 99% of my Drs, and Rx needs as well...
Quick guess of 1200-1500 a year in sales taxes there... just the Retail, Kroger and dinners out occasionally.
Odds of me spending $300 in a pass =0%
Odds of me relocating my service preferences to Coweta county locations =100%

Thanks for the info, I would not have been aware otherwise.

Ajohnson0587

Eh... Fishing on the Henry Co reservoir is better anyway. I liked fishing Horton because i could fish until dark, where as on the Herny Co reservoir closes at 7pm. I barely fished either this yr since I bought my first boat.

kirby999

I checked Out Henry county reservoirs online , seems you have to be a resident or own land in the county to buy a permit .
At least Fayette is offering an out of county permit , unlike Coweta and Henry .

kirby999

Yes, Henry county is residents only. We can take out of county guests though.
And personally I see nothing wrong with that .
The reservoirs are built using grants from the federal government, county taxes and maintained by monies collected from county residents from their water and sewer bills .
Drinking Water storage is the main reason these reservoirs are built to begin with .
Fishing and recreation is just a benefit offered as a secondary reason.
And county residents should be the ones who benefit first .