Feed Cost!!!

DustyRoads

Who has the better deal for quantity(pallets) for horse&dog food(Non corn)?Tractor Supply,....etc?

deermaster13

Good luck. I'm down to one horse and one dog right now. I usually kept 4-5 head of horses and always bought from my local family owned feed store.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I only have 2 dogs now, but they go through 50lbs a month. I buy local even though it's high.

John Cooper

Man,

Just bought TOPs black bag 24% fat 29% protein.

Trump years and before it was $19.00 - $21.00 a bag, post Trump LGB years. It has gone to $38.98 for a 50lb bag.

John Cooper

Wife found a deal on chicken legs and thighs the other day.

Cheaper to cook and make chicken and rice than can dog food or cat food.

Both love her cooking
Thinking of doing this also. Weighing the cost now.

Redbow

When I was growing up on the farm our Dogs ate from our table just like we did, they never got any processed Dog food. They lived long lives for the most part and were rarely ever sick. The county provided a free rabies shot once each year. That's the only shot they ever got their entire lives.

Processed Dog food is often bad for Dogs, the preservatives used in many of them so I have read is harmful to your Dogs health. The government doesn't regulate Dog food but I feel they should.

I was surprised a few days ago in Tractor Supply at just how much their prices had gone up on all feed, including Dog food.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Wife found a deal on chicken legs and thighs the other day.

Cheaper to cook and make chicken and rice than can dog food or cat food.

Both love her cooking
I’m about ready to do that for my dog she has a sensitive stomach and digestive system. It’s not really about the cost so much as that

But chicken feed is crazy. The other day I had some friends complaining about egg prices saying they were going to get chickens. Good luck with that.