Feel like a bone head

baddave

the knife should've been sharper . They're safer than a dull onefacepalm:.....:cheers:

SC Hunter

If you haven't ever cut yourself you haven't used a knife enough.

I have an outdoor edge knife that I cut myself with the other day caping a buck out I'd shot and was in a hurry. My daddy who can get a knife sharper than about any other human I've ever met was watching me and said I was about to cut myself. Sure enough I got my index finger about to the bone with one slice.

I hope your hand starts feeling better soon @Core Lokt it happens to us all eventually.

Wifeshusband

Feel your pain. About ten years ago I cut the tip of my thumb off while making a walking stick. Left it in the driveway and went inside to wrap myself. Neither me nor family could stop the bleeding. Went to Doc in a Box and got stitched up. Really hurts to be stitched on top of thumb. He wanted to know if I wanted a "cadaver graft." Told him I didn't want to be joined up with a dead guy I didn't know. Got back home and picked up my thumb tip off the driveway and threw it away. Things happen.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
ouch.

Feel your pain. About ten years ago I cut the tip of my thumb off while making a walking stick. Left it in the driveway and went inside to wrap myself. Neither me nor family could stop the bleeding. Went to Doc in a Box and got stitched up. Really hurts to be stitched on top of thumb. He wanted to know if I wanted a "cadaver graft." Told him I didn't want to be joined up with a dead guy I didn't know. Got back home and picked up my thumb tip off the driveway and threw it away. Things happen.

ouch, again.

Hillbilly stalker

I might be getting a little longer in the tooth.......but for $5 you can get a 3 pack of that powder that stops bleeding for the most part. It’s in the first aid aisle and sporting goods at China Mart. I carry it when I’m hog hunting in case I’m way back in there and cut myself. It’s handy around the house and will work on your dog too. I juged myself pretty good a couple years ago on a deer I shot with a rifle...and it had somebody else’s old broad head in it. Now I carry one of these packets and 2 large bandaids in my billfold for when I’m field dressing or quartering up one. I don’t tote much of anything in the woods, but that’s pretty handy.image.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I might be getting a little longer in the tooth.......but for $5 you can get a 3 pack of that powder that stops bleeding for the most part. It’s in the first aid aisle and sporting goods at China Mart. I carry it when I’m hog hunting in case I’m way back in there and cut myself. It’s handy around the house and will work on your dog too. I juged myself pretty good a couple years ago on a deer I shot with a rifle...and it had somebody else’s old broad head in it. Now I carry one of these packets and 2 large bandaids in my billfold for when I’m field dressing or quartering up one. I don’t tote much of anything in the woods, but that’s pretty handy.View attachment 1053034

I carry a couple of those in my possibles bag, just in case. My new file knife bit me this morning, for the first time. Not bad, and certainly not as bad as Core Loct got it.

Hope you heal up good, CL.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I cut my fool self gutting a deer the other day, reaching up in there to cut the esophagus and windpipe. Not nearly that bad, though.

SC Hunter

That’s where most people get it...or on a splintered bone it seems.
That same buck that i cut myself on the other day I ran my hand up in his chest cavity when I was field dressing him and a piece of bone splinter ran up under my fingernail on my left ring finger. WHEW that hurt something fierce and still is very tender.

beretta

My hunting buddy in Canada, who is a doctor parked his knife in his left thigh two years in a row while he was breaking down his Elk. I told him that if he needed a sheath for his knife that I would get him one:ROFLMAO: He stitched himself up both times. I sent him some of the clotting gauze from Academy.

Head East

Mercy. Juan of them ginsu knives gotcha.

GreenPig

A little bloodletting never hurt nobody. I cut myself cleaning my 2nd, 3rd, or maybe 23rd deer as my grandpa was watching. I turned around and looked at him and he just grinned and said " boy you letting some of that meanness out". I said grab me a rag, he said don't stop it too quick. Glad you're GTG.

gunnurse

Prayers for the pig, btw.

The only issue with the “blood stop” powder is that while it will stop the bleeding, it will not repair the circulation problem downstream from a severed artery. Elemental, but I thought it needed saying.