Ferrite Choke on Fish Finder

whchunter

So I installed one. I have a MinnKota Ultrex TM and a Lowrance Ti2 up front. When I turned the prop on and ran the MK I got lots of interference. When i didnt use it my Ti2 screen looked good. The local marina installed the choke near the MK shaft. After that the Ti2 looked good while running the MK but when not running the Ti2 picture had more clutter. I would have thought it would have been the same picture or close. I have since found that the choke should have been installed near the Ti2 and looped thru the choke. Haven't changed the location yet. Any thoughts?

BassRaider

Different unit, up front I have the GT56UHD and get some interference. I tried the ferrites and did not work. I was told the transducer was too close to the blade and that's where the issue is. Have no issues with the console unit and same transducer on rear.
Still trying to sort it out, maybe frequency?

whchunter

BoosterC

Just checking the basics. Do you have your power to your sonars on the same batteries as your trolling motor? If so, that is a no-no.

The Minnkota- doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Interference comes up the signal line of the transducer. Most I have seen are looped like figure below and are placed close to the cable near the sonar head. (From Garmin) 1668191991027.png

Last edited:

whchunter

Just checking the basics. Do you have your power to your sonars on the same batteries as your trolling motor? If so, that is a no-no.

The Minnkota- doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Interference comes up the signal line of the transducer. Most I have seen are looped like figure below and are placed close to the cable near the sonar head. (From Garmin) View attachment 1189487
Have installed as you show. Well see the next time out.