FFL transfer fees

Jester896

Senior Clown
that isn't bad IMO...our LGS charges $25 and another charges $35..I think the add $5 for each additional. You are taking a bunch of their time away from other things they do. Unless they are a non-profit they need your support.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Sorry...I am a small business advocate.

If you don't buy from him or pay his transfer fees you might not have a place to send weapons you purchased elsewhere to :D

flipinstick

dont be sorry im a fan of small business also. i have a friend in texas that says he knows people that dont charge anything to do a transfer, guess thats the main reason i started asking.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I am fortunate in that sense myself, buddy doesn't charge me either. They are probably in the store buying on a regular basis too...it isn't a big thing. $420 a year if you bought one every month...did you save $35 on the pistol you bought? Doubt he would charge you for a purchase there.

rugerfan

I am aware that this is an older thread, but Fieldstone Jewelry and Pawn is 20 bucks in Conyers, if you have never done a transfer there, the first one is free, or at least it used to be.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
That ain’t bad. Mine charges $25 and that’s only because I’m a member. $50 for non-members.

Ray357

AWOL
that isn't bad IMO...our LGS charges $25 and another charges $35..I think the add $5 for each additional. You are taking a bunch of their time away from other things they do. Unless they are a non-profit they need your support.
Mine don't charge me hardly anything. It's like he said "every time you transfer a gun, you leave with $400or $500 worth of powder, primers, and bullets. Build a reputation with a good LGS and they will treat you right.

chase870

Possum Sox
dont be sorry im a fan of small business also. i have a friend in texas that says he knows people that dont charge anything to do a transfer, guess thats the main reason i started asking.
If you spend enough money with your local gun dealer they wont need to charge you anything on a transfer I am a never ending revenue stream

treemanjohn

Banned
Support the small family businesses. They're the ones you go to church with and your children are friends with. Help your community. People don't hesitate to spend $25 at McDonald's for death sandwiches but will drive 40 miles to keep from helping out the small guy

chase870

Possum Sox
Support the small family businesses. They're the ones you go to church with and your children are friends with. Help your community. People don't hesitate to spend $25 at McDonald's for death sandwiches but will drive 40 miles to keep from helping out the small guy
I spend my money with the small guy as often as I can. I also create opportunity for the young people who work for me, more or less set them up for success. Nothing better than watching my fellow Americans live the dream

treemanjohn

Banned
I spend my money with the small guy as often as I can. I also create opportunity for the young people who work for me, more or less set them up for success. Nothing better than watching my fellow Americans live the dream
Thats being a good American. It always comes back in spades. Buying anything from whatevermart is adding to the enemies coffers.

Protect your own folks

rosewood

Even at only $10 for a transfer, if the FFL holder is twiddling his thumbs, that is easy money for him. Now if he is swamped with other purchases, then it might be cutting into his revenue. But as others have said, support them whenever you can.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
Even at only $10 for a transfer, if the FFL holder is twiddling his thumbs, that is easy money for him. Now if he is swamped with other purchases, then it might be cutting into his revenue. But as others have said, support them whenever you can.

Rosewood

what shop do you got to that isn't absolutely slammed right now...most of the transfers at our LGS are from people that seldom shop there from my understanding of what he tells me. Seems like to me everytime I am there there are a steady flow of people...all day.

rosewood

what shop do you got to that isn't absolutely slammed right now...most of the transfers at our LGS are from people that seldom shop there from my understanding of what he tells me. Seems like to me everytime I am there there are a steady flow of people...all day.
I was referring mostly to during normal times.

However, I have been in a few shops that are very low on stock, so their business isn't doing much now.