Fields showing he was far superior to Fromm

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
That THUD you heard was Fields coming back down to reality. SEC defenses can do that to players.

I don't know if it was injuries or what but he didn't look very sharp for much of the game. He made some nice throws and runs at times but they were few and far between. He did protect the ball or it could have gotten real ugly.
Sec defenses:rofl:The bucks played Bama last night. Not the sec.

RipperIII

Well I hope that what they say about the memory being the "first thing to go" is true because if not you're in sad shape. And if it is the first to go, hang on because the ride is about to get awful bumpy, awful soon.

There were at least a half dozen threads on that subject alone on here an it was brought up in at least 2 dozen more back at the time.

You are however correct that he and his lawyer downplayed using the "racial" aspect when they appealed for a waiver after the transfer. But then again would you really expect them to come out and say "Yeah, we ONLY got it because we told the NCAA if they DIDN'T grant the waiver we'd blast it all over the place what a bunch of racists they are"?

Fields said after the game..."im going to the NFL, ya'll go back to dating your cousins..."
true colors show in adversity...of course, when questioned by a reporter, Fields claimed he was "taken out of context"

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And that's why Kirby won't win big at UGA. Put your best players on the field and design skeems to fit their strengths. This actually starts in little league.

Yeah except everybody else spells it "schemes" and what you do is establish the "scheme" and then recruit players that fit your "scheme" and then you coach them up.

The jury is still out on Kirby but you go ahead and discount him at your peril because you tOSU fans are good at that. Last night is living proof of that.::ke::bounce:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Yeah except everybody else spells it "schemes" and what you do is establish the "scheme" and then recruit players that fit your "scheme" and then you coach them up.

The jury is still out on Kirby but you go ahead and discount him at your peril because you tOSU fans are good at that. Last night is living proof of that.::ke::bounce:
So are you saying the bucks will meet the dawgs in the playoff this coming season?:pop:

Madsnooker

Lol I spell it that was as well. Dont know what happened. Maybe to much sweet tea.:bounce:

TinKnocker

Meh, Fields was never gonna be “great” under Chaney or Coley and he was too impatient to wait for Monken. He’s a system guy who left for a system that fit him better.

Mac Jones waited behind two great Bama QBs and will go down as one of the greatest generals of one of the greatest offenses of all time. Fields will go down as a “what could have been”.

Time to close this chapter and stop lamenting over a quitter who wasn’t ready. He has 1 playoff win and a natty loss, just like Fromm.

Attachments

• 9DF982EC-BFA7-4220-8DD5-CA71C020C134.jpeg
    9DF982EC-BFA7-4220-8DD5-CA71C020C134.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 24

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Fields said after the game..."im going to the NFL, ya'll go back to dating your cousins..."
true colors show in adversity...of course, when questioned by a reporter, Fields claimed he was "taken out of context"
Is this for real? I'm out in arkansas hunting, not a lot of service. That's hugely disappointing if so

Gold Ranger

Yeah, because NONE of Bama's players are going to the league.:rolleyes:

TinKnocker

Fields had more upside than Fromm, but Fromm was better at the time the decision to start Fromm was made.
This is all most sane GA fans have said all along. The “you play the most talented guy” people are just dunces. Having more talent and upside doesn’t make you ready.

Anyone who thought the true freshman should have been starting at that point should just be ignored.

James12

I’d a started Fields after the first half of the 18’ LSU game. Just my opinion. BUT, the real question moving forward is, how many more years is ND and OSU going to get the popular (political) vote to be in the playoffs.

Madsnooker

Very disappointed in him. I thought he was woke with all the racism he had to live through in Athens.
Has this been confirmed. It was discussed on OSU site only because a fan of another team brought it up like here but when asked for proof wasn't provided. There is no way there is not a video from a Bama fan videoing him walking off and saying something like this and it not go viral. Not saying it's not true but it sounds like hyperbole as Fields has been nothing but class while at OSU and he doesnt come across as someone that would say that. Kid seeme extremely humble?

Madsnooker

I’d a started Fields after the first half of the 18’ LSU game. Just my opinion. BUT, the real question moving forward is, how many more years is ND and OSU going to get the popular (political) vote to be in the playoffs.
What are you talking about??????
Osu is 3-3 in the playoffs With a title and smoked Clemson a week ago. Tell me the other teams left out that sound be 3-3 in the playoffs. To compare ND with OSU shows you hate OSU and are not looking at it objectively. OSU has as many NFL players as anyone and are 500 in the playoffs but you think they should never be in. Ok:rofl::rofl:

RipperIII

Has this been confirmed. It was discussed on OSU site only because a fan of another team brought it up like here but when asked for proof wasn't provided. There is no way there is not a video from a Bama fan videoing him walking off and saying something like this and it not go viral. Not saying it's not true but it sounds like hyperbole as Fields has been nothing but class while at OSU and he doesnt come across as someone that would say that. Kid seeme extremely humble?

I saw a YouTube video where Fields was asked to respond to the comment...the reporter gave him an out by asking..."were you taken out of context?"
Fields replied "yes, I was taken out of context"