Finally Got Him! Ivan the marxist Beaver takes the Pond Nap

JB0704

I Gots Goats
We have a histree, this beaver n I. It took a lot of patience, planning and strategy but I was finally able to seal the deal on this sweet beast pond mega toad river rat. I knew I had some communist beavers running the creeks between ponds around here. I have never much trapped so I figured I would shoot em. Before deer season I had several close encounters, but was never able to make it happen.

Over the last few months they have gotten a bit more uppity. Building bigger dams n such. I named the beaver Ivan because he is a communist. I knew I would have to get serious if I was going to be successful. I was sitting by the pond on the weekends with a 35, a pistol, a cigar (had to have cover scent), and a good supply of beer. I had one encounter but the dang thing stayed between me and the houses through the woods, and I ain't about to go shootin' up the neighborhood trying to let the air out of a pond beast.

Following weekend I grabbed a rake, and had my daughter bust holes in the beaver dams while I supervised. Now we were in bidness. This beaver would slip up sooner or later.

Monday night, I sat on the edge of the pond posting LFTBP when I noticed the telltale ripples in the water. Either it was a monster bass or the beaver had finally made a mistake. I shined the light, waited for him to swim to a safe spot, took careful aim with the .22 and POW! Clean miss. He goes under. DANG IT! But, this beaver was determined to git some branches......he popped up again.....POW! Miss even worse this time. Apparently I am a terrible shot with that little pistol. Had to change strategies.

Tuesday night I ditched the rifle n pistol and opted for the pump 410 n some 3 ought buckshot. No worries about bullets skipping across the pond anymore, and I could put the smack down on him anywhere. The beaver was a no show so I was unable to smoke him with the scattergun. I was discouraged thinking maybe I had missed my chance. @NCHillbilly changed my title to mediocre misser of marxist beavers. Ivan had to die.

Finally, last night with the spotlight, beer, .410 I set out for the pond. Sooner or later this mega toad rodent would need some sticks. I was posting in the billy thread when SPLASH! Right in front of me he smacked the water.........I knew I had him this time. Dropped the phone, grabbed the spotlight n chased him back n forth around the pond till he got to the shallow end..........careful aim, heart beating fast (cause I'm fat and was moving around a lot)......POW!

There he lay, thrashing in the withered lilly pads.

DRT.

I don't know what the age n score is, but I am certain this is a trophy mega beast river rat.

GON make a nice patio decoration out of him, and now I got to clear out all his little commie friends too. I will prolly try n learn trapping as it seems like a more efficient use of time.

The end.

Attachments

• Big Beavah Dam.JPG
    Big Beavah Dam.JPG
    741.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Hole in Big Dam.JPG
    Hole in Big Dam.JPG
    670.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Ivan the Marxist.JPG
    Ivan the Marxist.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Lil Ms JB Busting up Da.JPG
    Lil Ms JB Busting up Da.JPG
    726 KB · Views: 144
  • Little Beavah Dam.JPG
    Little Beavah Dam.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Trophy Teeth.JPG
    Trophy Teeth.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

gantt

I shot one a few weeks back. Glad I don’t have to clean the drain pipes out every three days anymore.

Attachments

• A842C766-2B05-4C02-8FA0-24C592409D9C.jpeg
    A842C766-2B05-4C02-8FA0-24C592409D9C.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 24

buckpasser

Good job! As for score, he’s got good uppers, decent lowers, and would definitely be considered a good “representative” beav.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Ivan? Really?!?! Musta been a gay marxists beaver. Theres sure to be at least 3 left as the gay marxists beavers travel in foursomes....sorry bud

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Ivan? Really?!?! Musta been a gay marxists beaver. Theres sure to be at least 3 left as the gay marxists beavers travel in foursomes....sorry bud

You got the wrong Ivan.......Im thinking Ivan Drago. The feller who kilt Apollo Creed.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Now ifn his name was Butin or Bxi I would say this is the end. You got the beaver but no. Tr hars more