Finally got my Heritage

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Not a big game weapon, but I’ve been wanting one of these for a long time. Ive seen pigs on many occasions while I was dove hunting and Didn’t even chase them........not anymore!
I didn’t know it at the time I purchased but Heritage is in Bainbridge GA! I should have the 22mag. Cylinder this afternoon. It’s surely no exquisite piece of art, but for $230 inclusive of all fees holster etc...I’m stoked! It feels good and tight and is a lot of fun to shoot! Anyone else got one?

30CC1C9B-C7A8-460A-B155-491A0A0F3268.jpeg

Hillbilly stalker

I have one. Mine is stamped “Miami Florida” and so is the paperwork. Mine is a older one, maybe 10 years or so ? :huh:. I could shoot it a whole lot better if it had bigger grips, these are short like the Ruger single sixes. I have pretty good size paws. I only have the .22 LR cylinder. Shoots good. Love the grips on yours.(y)572DA649-8CDA-49A0-B9D6-A562BE1B6E04.jpeg

Ray357

AWOL
Not a big game weapon, but I’ve been wanting one of these for a long time. Ive seen pigs on many occasions while I was dove hunting and Didn’t even chase them........not anymore!
I didn’t know it at the time I purchased but Heritage is in Bainbridge GA! I should have the 22mag. Cylinder this afternoon. It’s surely no exquisite piece of art, but for $230 inclusive of all fees holster etc...I’m stoked! It feels good and tight and is a lot of fun to shoot! Anyone else got one?

View attachment 1063129
I bought one a few weeks ago with the regular grips for $141. It is impressive for price point. I think my 10 year old already has a thousand or so down the tube.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Thanks for stirring some really great memories for me.

I bought a Heritage Rough Rider handgun back about 10-12 years or so ago along with several other firearms from a member of this website way back then. He lived up northwest of Blairsville on the lake area up there.

I ultimately gave this gun to my nephew about 5 years ago as I surely didn't need this gun at all. It was really heavy and I did have the twin cylinders along with it. I never shot it with the Magnum Cylinder. This gun was really HEAVY and I didn't shoot this gun but maybe 50 times overall. I should also mention that my nephew who is a veteran of the Desert Storm era gave me two, 22-round .40 caliber magazines that work great in my Glocks so I think that it was a really smart decision for me.

The fact is that I already had a Colt Frontier Scout back then that I really loved as it also had twin cylinders in the .22 LR and also the .22 Magnum as well. It was also a much lighter gun as it has "plastic type" grip handles on it.

On that particular day that brings back some fantastic memories for me, was when a neighbor invited me to go with him down to his hunting property in Burke County and check on a couple of stands that we might deer hunt in within a couple of weeks. That Sunday, my neighbor had driven up to the gate and I got out to open it. As I opened the gate and waited for Steve to drive through it to park, we were both surprised that a single quail flew up about 20 feet from me and just from instinct, I grabbed my pistol from my holster and shot it as it was flying away at an angle from me. It folded up like a a ton of bricks had hit it in midair.

Steve looked at me and said, "Dang, you killed that sucker flying with a pistol and I saw you do it, BUT it is still unbelievable. He went to work two days later and told all of his work buddies about me killing a quail flying with my pistol. Then all of his buddies thought that I was one heck of a shot for sure. I waited a few weeks before I told him that I was really shooting a "rat-shot" loaded .22 magnum cartridge. He decided NOT to tell his co-workers any difference after that. For several more years that he worked with those guys, they all thought that I was the best skilled shooter around by killing a flying quail with a pistol.

I can still remember that happening just like it was yesterday as I brought that quail home and dressed it and fried it for supper a couple of nights later. There were 5 pellets that had hit this bird and two of them were still stuck in it when I was cleaning it and removed them. I also fixed some mashed potatoes, gravy, English peas, carrots and some dinner rolls etc. My wife never got to taste any of that quail etc. However, after that happened, about a year later, I bought some "frozen quail" that were sold in the grocery stores and they were raised and processed in the area of Dalzell, South Carolina. In fact, I used their brand on several occasions over the years after that as my wife and I both loved fried quail....even though she had never heard of fried quail before that period of time because she was raised as a "city-slicker" and I was raised out in the country and during my growing up years, and my family enjoyed eating fried quail every year during hunting season as my Father was a fantastic quail hunter.

When my days are over and I am gone.....My Daughter definitely gets my Frontier Scout pistol as she loves to shoot it too. She can out-shoot her husband with it as well.

***I didn't realize until now that I don't have any photos on my computer of my Colt Frontier Scout at all and now because of this stupid new computer, I can't upload any more photos until I can find out the correct way to do it on the new Windows 10 format computer. :banginghe It is a Dagnabit piece of junk to me so far !!! Yep, this new computer makes me want to use it for target practice most of the time !!! :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Below is a couple of photos of the Heritage Rough Rider pistol etc.

HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER PISTOL  7-17-16 004.JPGHERITAGE ROUGH RIDER PISTOL  7-17-16 008 (2).JPG

Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The grips on that one look like wood and are longer.....I bet they fit your hand better than stalker and mine would with the short grips. My grips are Polly so it doesn’t seem heavy at all. I’ve got a lot of shooting to get used to it for sure. Maybe one day I’ll run into a nice lil sounder to chase after with it.

Reactions: Dub

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
The grips on that one look like wood and are longer.....I bet they fit your hand better than stalker and mine would with the short grips. My grips are Polly so it doesn’t seem heavy at all. I’ve got a lot of shooting to get used to it for sure. Maybe one day I’ll run into a nice lil sounder to chase after with it.

Yes, those wooden grips just added more weight and this gun was just plain too heavy to me as my Colt Frontier Scout had plastic grips and feels lightweight and really easy to carry as well. They feel night and day different. That was also one reason that I felt like just giving it to my nephew and he is a big strong healthy man himself.

transfixer

I've had one for 8 or 10 years, mine came with both cylinders, for the price I paid new it was a deal ! I don't remember exactly but I want to say it was less than $150 at the time, shoots great, when the kids were younger they put a lot of rounds through the LR cylinder, I had originally bought it as a pistol to carry with us when we went fishing , as my wife was terrified of snakes,, lol, snake/rat shot works great at 8 or 10ft out of one of these,

GregoryB.

I have one in 22lr I got in 2011 from Academy for $99. Been a great little pistol with decent accuracy. Carry it a lot when I am having critter issues around the farm.

mrskinner82

I cut a lot of grass one summer and saved the $119 to buy my first pistol. It was a white pearl handle heritage rough rider. Came both cylinders and a matching belt buckle. Hard to believe that was 25 years ago. The finish is not in the best of shape now. But it has covered a lot of ground on my side and still shoot true.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

View attachment 1063129
I’ve got two and love them!! I keep the mag cylinder in one. I gave the the second msg cylinder to my Pastor for his.