Finally got my kayak!

Foster

The love the yak attack gear. The roto grip paddle holder is great and I would get two. An anchor wizard to manage your anchor line paired with the yak attack anchor trolley is the way to go. This lets you drop anchor from anywhere along the boat so you can fish up or down current.
Check out Joey Nania the pro bass fisherman out of Alabama on Instagram. He is with Crescent and using the lite tackle in tournaments. Its interesting to see how he sets one up.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The love the yak attack gear. The roto grip paddle holder is great and I would get two. An anchor wizard to manage your anchor line paired with the yak attack anchor trolley is the way to go. This lets you drop anchor from anywhere along the boat so you can fish up or down current.
Check out Joey Nania the pro bass fisherman out of Alabama on Instagram. He is with Crescent and using the lite tackle in tournaments. Its interesting to see how he sets one up.
We must think alike on these things because I got two roto grips like you said and I picked up a rod holder to mount in the short console by my feet. I haven't looked into the anchor trolley but it sounds like a good idea. Is that made by yak attack too? I'll check out Joey Nania's layout for sure. Many thanks!

Foster

We must think alike on these things because I got two roto grips like you said and I picked up a rod holder to mount in the short console by my feet. I haven't looked into the anchor trolley but it sounds like a good idea. Is that made by yak attack too? I'll check out Joey Nania's layout for sure. Many thanks!
The anchor trolley is by yak attack but others make something almost as good, I picked mine up at Bass Pro. I don't see how one would fish in current or wind without something like it. Check out the videos online for sure.
https://www.yakattack.us/LeverLoc_Anchor_Trolley_p/ams-1003.htm

With what you have, the trolley and an anchor wizard (or something to manage your line) may be all you lack for a complete fishing setup.

There are battery powered, stick on LED navigation lights if you want to be out at night.

A 5-10 pound dumbbell or plate makes a cheap anchor.

I keep a knife on my vest so if I get the anchor stuck in current I can cut the line. With the anchor trolley you can (and should) be positioned pointed up or down stream so you don't turn into a giant crankbait. Some people drop a half gallon milk jug full of sand or coated chain to let them drift slowly downstream while they fish.

Best of luck out there!

Artfuldodger

Yep, I did pick up one of the seat riser kits. I chose the Lite Tackle because for my size, it was the best compromise between stability and paddling. Now I'm looking forward to customizing it to my preferences.
Is the seat already raised in that picture?

Artfuldodger

The last time I was in one was in 1977. Homemade, from wood and canvas. It was light and quiet though. Shorter than most of the gators I had to paddle by though.
In '72, me, my brother, and a friend all made wood slats and canvas canoes I guess. We al went down the Alapaha for three days and my brother hit a snag which tore his. He tried to patch it on the bank but couldn't. He gave it to a fisherman and had to ride the rest of the way with our friend.

I later made one that was completely skinned in plywood and covered in fiberglass.