Finally scored!!!!!

zaraspook04

After looking for a couple years and passing on several two row planters of much lesser quality, I finally found what I was looking for. I bought this 4 row JD 71 Flexi planter last week. There were 10 seed hoppers that came along with it, 2 of which are brand new, and 8 sets of plates, 1 flat corn, 2 round corn, 1 soybean, 1 sorghum, 1 sunflower, and 2 sets of filler plates. While I was there looking over the planter, I asked if there were any other older implements for sale. After a drive through the woods, we pulled up to this old homestead and there sat a chisel plow, row cultivator, and disc harrow...all in excellent shape. I asked the price for all four, and needless to say, all four came back with me! Crazy thing is I've been looking for a chisel plow and row cultivator for a while too! I already have the same size harrow, but for the price, I was not going to leave it in the woods!!!! I know...I know...a thread without pictures is worthless, so...
This addition to the implement list is going to make my new little homestead even better. Purchased 155 acres last summer and in the process of building a house!

71 Flex Planter.JPGChisel Plow.JPGCultivator.JPGHarrow.JPG

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looking good, but for food plots I had rather broadcast with a spreader, then drag in. After breaking the soil first.

zaraspook04

Thanks Son... I’ve been using my broadcast spreader doing exactly that for food plots and will continue with my 1-3 acre food plots I am establishing throughout the property.

With the property I bought last summer I now have about 20 acres of cultivated land...12 that has been row cropped in the past by the person that rented it and 8 acres I cleared. I plan to use the planter in the 12 acres to plant sunflowers and sorghum for dove shoots. The other 8 acres I will use my spreader to broadcast a combination of sunflowers, millet, and sorghum for doves as well. Hopefully next year I can use the planter for the 8 acres that I cleared this past summer.

And....of course to plant my big garden with so I can share with family and friends!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great finds , I’m sure you’ll get plenty of use out of them ! And make life a lot easier

sleepr71

Good looking,older American made implements?Wish I could find a chisel plow about 2x that size..and a Cultipacker?