Fire house food

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wild game supper in Perry, years ago. It was as bad as you would imagine.
I’ve eaten bear, emu, raccoon, snake, bear, gator, frog legs, rabbit, bison and more. Still have turtle that I haven’t tried yet. I like squirrel, but think I’d draw the line at rats.
Chocolate covered bugs ain’t bad either.
Some of those you mention, like bear and bison, rabbits, and frog legs, are some of the best eatin' on the planet. I'll rate either of those above most pork and beef. The rest are good. Never ate emu, though. I'd try it.

Hillbilly stalker

Them some fine looking ribs. I remember the good ol days.....before the Fire fighters started running medical calls. They were a happy go lucky bunch....always tried to out cook each other especially on the weekends. Chili, Low country boil, chicken wings, peanuts, home made pizza, cube steak by the pound, Boston butts and 1/2 chickens......mmmmmmm mmmmmmm ! Luckily for us , the P.D was about 75 yards up the hill right beside the Fire Dept. Them boys could really throw down. They invited us often and they occasionally needed and outside opinion for a taste tester ::;. Them were the good ol days. After they started having to get up all hours of the night because of nose bleeds and people with indigestion, and running wreck calls, that pretty much went out the window. We even chipped in to buy them a new big smoker one year. I'm pretty sure that's were ol Chef Emeril got his start:bounce:. Nice looking rack of ribs man !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I never knew a time of running fire and rescue calls only. I bet they were the good ol days.

As for Hillbilly, Its all in fun. I like your comments when you get to commenting about the beans.
Yeah, I'm just ::ke: at you. I think you know that.

bullgator

The worst thing about eating armadillo is the oily sweat for the next day or two.