Firminator or Other UTV Plot Tools - For Small Plots

Tight Lines

All --

I am considering purchasing a Firminator for smaller food plots, especially ones where we can't get a tractor and we can use a UTV.

A couple of questions: anyone have experience with the Firminator? Specifically with a UTV?

Second, what do you do earlier in the season when you need to mow and lime? Do you use the Firminator then too or something different? How do you prep smaller plots where you can't get a tractor?

I don't have a tractor, and we have a great guy that can do our plots with a tractor...so I'm not really interested in purchasing a tractor and all the implements...I'm thinking more off the beaten path in spots where we can't get the tractor.

sportsman94

I don't use it behind a UTV, but I have the firminator made for UTVs that I pull with my Kubot L2501. I wish it was one size bigger, but other than that it has been a great piece of equipment. I use it anytime I need a disk. One thing I like most about the firminator is the weight. At either 800 or 900 pounds I never have to question whether or not its going to dig into the dirt. I planted about 6 acres of dove field with it this summer and will have about 4 and some change acres planted on it this fall if we ever get rain again. I am in central Georgia if you ever need/want to come see how they work. You can bring your UTV down and test it out too.

Tight Lines

I don't use it behind a UTV, but I have the firminator made for UTVs that I pull with my Kubot L2501. I wish it was one size bigger, but other than that it has been a great piece of equipment. I use it anytime I need a disk. One thing I like most about the firminator is the weight. At either 800 or 900 pounds I never have to question whether or not its going to dig into the dirt. I planted about 6 acres of dove field with it this summer and will have about 4 and some change acres planted on it this fall if we ever get rain again. I am in central Georgia if you ever need/want to come see how they work. You can bring your UTV down and test it out too.

Thank you and super gracious! I really appreciate it!

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I have a King Kutter disk setup that I pull behind my Polaris ATV. Works well for softer dirt and easy to get to places a tractor won't reach. It has wheels that let down when u want to move it around from a area to another and not have the disks on the ground will moving. Works good enuff for me, all my plots are a 1/2 acre or less. I try to use it after a good rain and not have tall weeds/brush in the plots.

crasm1

Ground hog max is bad ***!!! I have done a lot of plots with it. It is smaller than king cutter but it use weight of ATV and you can cut faster

Brian Groce

X2 on the groundhog max.