FIRST BUCK OF THE CONTEST!!!!!

Bowhunter24

well unclebrad and team trail watcher stuck first in the buck department, Congrats he takes an early lead for his team and lead for biggest buck

Attachments

• uncle brads buck.jpg
    uncle brads buck.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 588

Bowhunter24

here is the score , great opening buck unclebrad :cheers:

Attachments

• unclebrads score sheet.jpg
    unclebrads score sheet.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 584

BubbaD

Very Nice Deer! Congrats!

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Nice early season buck. Congrats

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Way to open up the season:fine:

hound dog

Nice buck good job.:cheers:

unclebrad

Thanks Guys

It is not going to be the biggest one killed, but it is the biggest one I have ever killed with a bow. Now I have to be more particular about what I sling an arrow at with only 1 buck tag left.

My dad and I hunted Saturday morning and did not see anything. We both looked around some when we got out of the tree, and when we met back at the trucks, he told me about finding some deer crap with persimmon seeds in it. So, I only knew of one persimmon tree on our lease, so that is where I headed Saturday afternoon. Also, I had some trailcam pics of a couple of nice bucks only a few hundred yards from the persimmon tree. The tree was loaded, but not many on the ground, and not a lot of deer sign under it, but I decided to hunt it anyway. It is on the side of a powerline, and the only tree I had was a big pine on the opposite side of the powerline, about 35 yards across to the persimmons. That is a long shot for me, but I knew the deer would be coming out of the woods on my side of the line and crossing over to the persimmons, so I figured I would get a shot when they crossed.

About 7:30, two small bucks came up the powerline on the opposite side of me, 5 pt and 6 pt. They fed on some browse until they got under the persimmon tree. They kept looking on up the powerline at something, not paying any attention to me. So I look up the powerline and see a truck parked right in the middle of the powerline probably 100-150 yards. How stupid is that, someone parking that close to where they are going to hunt.:crazy:
Well, it was hot and I didn't want to work up a sweat walkin a mile down the powerline. The 2 small bucks didn't seem to mind my truck, but I saw movement back behind me down the powerline, so when I peeked around the tree, I saw a small 10 pt and a bigger 8 pt. They were walking right down my side of the powerline. I stayed behind the tree and peeked at them every few seconds. They kept throwing there heads back trying to wind me, and looking down toward my truck. They would take a few steps and throw their head up again. They did this until they got right in front of me at 10 yards.:confused:

Everytime they threw their heads back, they would be eyeball to eyeball with me, and I knew they were about to smell me. They did not like my truck sitting down there, so the small 10pt. turned like it was going to go under my stand back into the woods. I knew it was now or never, so as they both turned to look at the truck again, I came to full draw. The small 10 pt. used his deer sense (don't think he saw me, maybe he heard my heart pounding ) and jumped about 40 yards on down the powerline, and the bigger 8 pt was about to follow him, so I gave my best mouth bleat, and that freaked him out long enough for me to put my pin behind his shoulder as he was quartering toward me at 10 yards. The arrow went completely through him and stuck in the ground. I knew it was a good hit, but because of the angle back into his guts, there was not any blood trail, guts must have closed up the exit hole. I heard him crash in a thicket about 75 yards away. My dad brought the coleman and we searched for about 2 hours in that briar thicket before we found him.

It was a great hunt! I hope you guys get yours soon.:fine:
Thanks Again for all the congrats,
Brad

Killin Gear:
Parker Hunter Mag at 65#
Beman ICS Hunters 340 w/100gr Thunderhead
TR Titan Sight
TR Drop-Zone Rest
Stinger Release
Kwikee 4 arrow combo Quiver
Summit Viper climber /w SOP Harness (attached going up and coming down the tree!!!)

kevincox

Good story, I hunted a persimmon tree along the edge of a powerline also on Sat afternoon. But I saw no deer and only one persimmon fell out of the tree all afternoon. It will be better in a week or so.

davidhelmly

Way to go partner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Brad!:yeah: Thats a nice looking buck, I'm glad that you got us on the board because Rocky and I rolled a zero. Keep a look out for that big boy and put a couple of big nanner head does on the ground for us. I promise that I will try and contribute.::ke: