First cool morning bear

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Congrats,

I'm headed your way in the morning. I'm looking forward to it being nice and cool myself!

Ghost G

Congrats! Impressive work there.

Killer Kyle

You are 100% the most consistent mountain killer I have ever known. You deserve some kind of trophy TreeCutter!
Thank you for doing your local deer population a favor. You still got one tag left. I hope you get to use it! Way to get it done man. You should write a book. You are like clockwork!!!

tree cutter 08

You are 100% the most consistent mountain killer I have ever known. You deserve some kind of trophy TreeCutter!
Thank you for doing your local deer population a favor. You still got one tag left. I hope you get to use it! Way to get it done man. You should write a book. You are like clockwork!!!
That's my thoughts as well about the deer population. That will be one less for them to worry about. But when you really get to thinking, every place I've been has bear sign, cams show 20 to 1 bear to deer pics, done seen over a dozen bears in the last few weeks and not the first deer, our deer don't stand a chance with all these bears running around. Sorta been thinking maybe it would be nice to open the whole national forest for a early rifle hunt like hooch and chestatee but we wouldn't have enough participants to make a dent.

Joe Brandon

That's my thoughts as well about the deer population. That will be one less for them to worry about. But when you really get to thinking, every place I've been has bear sign, cams show 20 to 1 bear to deer pics, done seen over a dozen bears in the last few weeks and not the first deer, our deer don't stand a chance with all these bears running around. Sorta been thinking maybe it would be nice to open the whole national forest for a early rifle hunt like hooch and chestatee but we wouldn't have enough participants to make a dent.

Man when people ask me "why do you hunt bear", I tell them it is literally because that is the only big game I have to hunt in Nth Ga. We have bear like the Piedmont has deer. You hunt what you got. I have really grown to love it though. I haven't shot a deer in two years. I hope to shoot one at Berry College this year!!!

Back40hunter

Good job Tree Cutter. Glad to hear some acorns have hung on through this dry weather. I’ve seen a lot that have just dropped with immature fruit.

bany

Nice hunt tree cutter! Glad to see you getting it done! No doubt about the population disparity. Still feel bad about the last double doe kill a had years ago up there, made me shy away from mountain hunting. When I get done remodeling my house I hope to come help out with the bear population if y’all haven’t evened it out by then.