First Coon in a foothold... ?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have raised a couple of coons, and caught them in box traps, but this morning at 0530, I experienced a whole new level of RAGE!!

Ol' Boar must have weighed 75 pounds, breathed fire, had claws like velociraptor, and bit like an alligator snapper...:bounce:

He stayed in 100% full attack mode the whole time I was releasing him, and even had the nerve to bluff-charge me a couple times after he was free.

He taught me that I need a catch pole AND heavy gloves in both my truck and the polaris.

I had the pole, but some gloves sure would have made me feel better...:rofl:

Doug B.

Coons are a different kind of somebody. And they will make it look like a bomb consploded at your set!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Coons are a different kind of somebody. And they will make it look like a bomb consploded at your set!

Yeah, that one is pretty much done...I have seen zero Yote sign in quite a while. I am letting my line downsize thru attrition. It's about time to go fishin'!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Ha ha , in my experience Bob ain’t got nothing on a Coon when trying to release . I had pretty decent luck in same set after a Coon . But I think I caught one in about every set .

Doug B.

Ha ha , in my experience Bob ain’t got nothing on a Coon when trying to release . I had pretty decent luck in same set after a Coon . But I think I caught one in about every set .
The very first coyote I ever caught was in a remake the next night after a coon catch.