First Ever

olcaptain

Once upon a time, there was a brilliant ten-year-old towheaded boy whose “Pap” lived on Crooked Creek. The young lad had honed his casting skills to near perfection but had yet to bring a fish to hand using artificial bait. His Pap had risen to a bit of recent fame by holding a local record for the number of Channel Cats landed on a white Rooster Tail.
IMG_1222.JPG

The boy wanted to land anything on the lure while his Pap was hoping he would be surprised and land his first-ever Bass! So, the stage was set. The young man was coming over to visit and Pap had everything in order.
The game plan was as follows. Pap was to paddle and suggest places to chunk the bait. Once they arrived at a certain Honey Hole up the creek, they were to transfer over to redworms and then cast and reel again on the way home. Although Pap was almost 60 years the boy's elder, he was mindful of both his and the boy’s attention span, so he tried his best to redeem the time.
Well folks, it was an adventure that Paps like this one live for. Within 2 ½ hours grandson Carter caught 4 nice Channel Cats (two on the Rooster Tail), three Bream on worms, and on the way in he boated his first ever Bass on a lure!! I don’t know what makes your day but it will be a while before I will be able to top the excitement surrounding this tale!!
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1192.jpg
IMG_1195.jpg
IMG_1199.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg
IMG_1234.JPG

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Once upon a time, there was a brilliant ten-year-old towheaded boy whose “Pap” lived on Crooked Creek. The young lad had honed his casting skills to near perfection but had yet to bring a fish to hand using artificial bait. His Pap had risen to a bit of recent fame by holding a local record for the number of Channel Cats landed on a white Rooster Tail.
View attachment 1162973

The boy wanted to land anything on the lure while his Pap was hoping he would be surprised and land his first-ever Bass! So, the stage was set. The young man was coming over to visit and Pap had everything in order.
The game plan was as follows. Pap was to paddle and suggest places to chunk the bait. Once they arrived at a certain Honey Hole up the creek, they were to transfer over to redworms and then cast and reel again on the way home. Although Pap was almost 60 years the boy's elder, he was mindful of both his and the boy’s attention span, so he tried his best to redeem the time.
Well folks, it was an adventure that Paps like this one live for. Within 2 ½ hours grandson Carter caught 4 nice Channel Cats (two on the Rooster Tail), three Bream on worms, and on the way in he boated his first ever Bass on a lure!! I don’t know what makes your day but it will be a while before I will be able to top the excitement surrounding this tale!!
View attachment 1162974
View attachment 1162975
View attachment 1162976
View attachment 1162977
View attachment 1162978
View attachment 1162979
View attachment 1162980
View attachment 1162981
Man that’s the best outcome you could want. Don’t know who I’m prouder for , you or the young man.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Afternoon Craka what you up to

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Don’t get any better than that for sure! Man oh man! Firsts are forever and y’all got some good ones ! Congrats to you both pap!! He’ll tell his kids about this day!

tjchurch

Great stuff, memories for a lifetime.

ghadarits

That’s good stuff! Those are the days Grands love to be a part of. Good on you Captain for making the grandsons day and possibly summer.

nkbigdog

Horace you always bring a smile to my old face, with your posts..Making his day Priceless..Well done Sir!

The mtn man

Sometimes I like taking worms and just catching anything that bites. Makes me feel like a kid again in a way.