First round of peaches

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don’t use sugar water for syrup. We pick some ripened peaches and juice them and some white grapes. 1 cup white grape juice to 3 cups peach juice. All natural sugar, no sugar added. Bring to a boil.

Fill your jars with the other peaches and juice, water bath, 6 weeks tear them up. Apples, same way - juice fresh apples.

Left over juice makes good pop cycles for the Grandkids.

187D82C9-7B61-4E1F-8512-1ADBA38E6E96.jpeg

Redbow

Already making some from last year’s canned peaches. We’ll make a few gallons. Put a teaspoon of absolute vodka in the mix and it’ll soft freeze in the freezer.

I appreciate the tip about the vodka never heard of doing that before to keep the ice cream soft. I usually make banana but my churn broke got to find another one.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I appreciate the tip about the vodka never heard of doing that before to keep the ice cream soft. I usually make banana but my churn broke got to find another one.
Yes Sir. Make sure it’s absolute. It works.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I bet those peaches would make some great home made ice cream.

Daughter in law cooked this evening, made cow tongue tacos, a pan of roasted tomatoes with garlic, peppers and onions on a bed of rice……homemade salsa and chips……..she makes everything from scratch including the tortillas for chips and tacos (she’s Spanish) she’ll spend hours chopping up spices and ingredients. I never saw a tortilla get fried until she came along.

While she did that……….we made 8 quarts of peach ice cream and 8 quarts of strawberry tonight. Grandkids will have a belly ache tomorrow. Put 14 quarts in freezer..

671703D6-B098-434A-AF98-99F1664C7AFC.jpeg

Redbow

Daughter in law cooked this evening, made cow tongue tacos, a pan of roasted tomatoes with garlic, peppers and onions on a bed of rice……homemade salsa and chips……..she makes everything from scratch including the tortillas for chips and tacos (she’s Spanish) she’ll spend hours chopping up spices and ingredients. I never saw a tortilla get fried until she came along.

While she did that……….we made 8 quarts of peach ice cream and 8 quarts of strawberry tonight. Grandkids will have a belly ache tomorrow. Put 14 quarts in freezer..

View attachment 1169807
You 'da man Y'all had some good eats. :)