First Rubs and Scrapes

mossyhorn

I did a little scouting and found first rubs and scrapes this year. I put up my camera and will keep yall posted.

Nugefan

the deer are getting ready too ... :clap:

hope you didn't drop a rules and regs book in the woods , we don't want to give them any warning .. ::ke:

Racor

Got a little 8 pointer making scrapes in my front yard. Setting up a trail cam next week to get you some pics.

I've had to fix the flowerbeds three times now!

GA DAWG

I just got back from checking out the local deer.Saw 2 that had just lost velvet.None of the little ones are out yet.Saw a 8 and a 10 that still had it hanging from their horns.It was a neat sight.COME ON SEPT.10th.

fasn8nmom

Had 2 rubs on the Bradford Pears today when I came in!!!

RJY66

I have found scrapes this early in the year before. This leads to a question. I understand that making scrapes is a sign that breeding season is in. Bucks and does peeing in them are sort of the equivalent of humans exchanging phone numbers at a bar. If this is true, why do we believe that the rutting season is in late Oct and Nov?

I am acquainted with an older hunter who hunts both Georgia and S. Carolina. He has told me stories of about bucks chasing does in Sept in SC. He says that by the time Georgia's gun season comes in, the rut is about over! I know that you can get some weird opinions talking to hunters, but this man has a lifetime of hunting and killing deer to back his opinions, and I'm sure not qualified to tell him he is wrong.