First Taste, New York Style

FrChs28

Well last month, I posted pictures of my first Hogs. Well tonight I had my first taste. I gotta say, it's pretty, pretty good ! Baked the sow ham with a Maple syrup, Cinnamon, Balsamic Vinegar glaze, with Pineapples. Hope you and all your families are healthy, during the current health crisis.
Stay well .

As far as them hogs, I'll be back !!!

Attachments

• Pork.JPG
    Pork.JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Sow Ham.JPG
    Sow Ham.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 92

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looks great and I know it was , some people leave them to rot , everyone I kill gets ate

FrChs28

Looks great and I know it was , some people leave them to rot , everyone I kill gets ate
I plan on eating them all. I may have gotten lucky because neither one was a stinker. It was cold that day, and I also hosed them down before gutting, and quartering them. Summertime may be a different story, we’ll see...

308-MIKE

Looks great. But if you don't mind a little advice, you may want to cook the meat a bit more. Wild hogs have a lot of nasty critters growing inside them. May not be a good idea to eat them cooked less than done.

bany

You done good all the way around!
when you get to processing you don’t need all that protection

FrChs28

You done good all the way around!
when you get to processing you don’t need all that protection
Thanks, actually I only used the sleeves and gloves when field dressing. Only had thin gloves on when butchering. Come to think of it, I took all those precautions in Georgia and then came home to the corona virus ! Should have stayed down a South ?

Attachments

• 2BFC6279-7345-417E-999F-BB842605A677.jpeg
    2BFC6279-7345-417E-999F-BB842605A677.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 17

bany

Best wishes with the virus! I’m thinking about tracking it down and getting immune....