First time camping cheaha state park

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Taking the wife and kids for 4 day and 3 nights next week. My wife and I spent a lot of time there hiking. We stayed in their cabins, chalets, and hotel, but have never camped. Looking forward to it. Gonna do some hiking and fishing.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
One of our favorites, highest point in Alabama. If you camp on the upper semi primitive campground on the ridge road, watch the thermal updraft on the Eastern Ridge. (I recall telling my wife one November, tent camping, "don't worry, the wind will die down at sundown"). Oops.
Well, you see I discovered after the fact, there's this natural wind "river" of upwards pressure created there that migratory birds like to ride North and South at that mountain.
f65580952.jpg
One of my favorite pictures to this day, a bit SE of Bald Rock back in 2006.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
One of our favorites, highest point in Alabama. If you camp on the upper semi primitive campground on the ridge road, watch the thermal updraft on the Eastern Ridge. (I recall telling my wife one November, tent camping, "don't worry, the wind will die down at sundown"). Oops.
Well, you see I discovered after the fact, there's this natural wind "river" of upwards pressure created there that migratory birds like to ride North and South at that mountain.
View attachment 976698
One of my favorite pictures to this day, a bit SE of Bald Rock back in 2006.
I picked the lower campground for that reason. We love it there. It is one of our favorites as well.