First time chasing sheep this year!

Jimmy Lee Armel

Made a solo run the other day to look for some sheep. Took me four hours but manged to find an excelent bite and get the limit. I wasnt catching any sheep, adjusted the boat about ten to fifteen feet and it was every drop you hooked one. Hope everyone has a blessed weekend! I will be back out tomorow and monday then to tampa for some fishing! Merry Christmas ?????

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for regular updates on what we are catching out of Tybee Island Georgia!?????
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP5Q5FmXg7YJChMegcddztg

Attachments

• 20191213_080246.jpg
    20191213_080246.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 100
  • GH010201_1576239684634_high.jpg
    GH010201_1576239684634_high.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 99
  • GH010200_1576070104689_high.JPG
    GH010200_1576070104689_high.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 94
  • GH010200_1576069992574_high.JPG
    GH010200_1576069992574_high.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 122
  • FB_IMG_1576012616549.jpg
    FB_IMG_1576012616549.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 126

Redman54

I see a few nice BSB in that box as well. Nice job Capt.

Cumberlandjg

Jimmy what is your go to rod/reel combination for sheeps and how do you like to rig it up? Knocker Rig? What kind of bottom or structure and depth do you like to fish over and do you carry a backup emergency beacon or locator with you in the boat? Just curious as I know you do a lot of nearshore stuff and I am going to be getting into a lot of that very soon hopefully.

georgia_home

Just the question I was gonna ask. Cleat to left or right to adjust over a rock like or wreck.

Then we’d just paint an X on the bottom of the boat so we could find the same spot again. ;)

Nice looking catch in the OP

Jimmy what is your go to rod/reel combination for sheeps and how do you like to rig it up? Knocker Rig? What kind of bottom or structure and depth do you like to fish over and do you carry a backup emergency beacon or locator with you in the boat? Just curious as I know you do a lot of nearshore stuff and I am going to be getting into a lot of that very soon hopefully.

Anvil Head

Great pics, one of my favorite fish. That face on, down the throat shot reminds me of a trip where I took a salt water novice out after them and was showing him the crushers (much like that). He stuck his finger in there just to touch them......yepper! Left a permanent scar for sure. He never wanted to go back for some reason.

Jimmy Lee Armel

I am using the 7'11" Lew's Custom Inshore Speed Stick paired with the Lew's CI400 reel spooled with Fins 25 lb 40G. I fish in 30'-50' of water and low relief or high relief structure depending on the sea bass (less sea bass the better). And yes. Never leave shore without a radio and EPIRB. Hope this helps. Here is a link that might help.

Khondker

Quick question to Georgia Costal guys, can you catch pompano and sheepshead from Tybee Pier or Jekyll Island pier in the spring. I am taking off 2nd week of April and planning to go Panama City Beach piers for pompano fishing. But Panama City Beach will have spring break crowd that time and I would like to avoid the crowd if I could.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy Lee Armel

Quick question to Georgia Costal guys, can you catch pompano and sheepshead from Tybee Pier or Jekyll Island pier in the spring. I am taking off 2nd week of April and planning to go Panama City Beach piers for pompano fishing. But Panama City Beach will have spring break crowd that time and I would like to avoid the crowd if I could.

Thanks in advance.

Hey brother, start a thread and title it "Pompano and sheepshead from the pier". That way, youll get all the land based guys answering which is whom youll wanna hear from. I want you to get the best information available. That post will attract a lot of attention. Tight lines?????

Jimmy Lee Armel

Thanks in advance.
Althought, id fish the beach just to the north of the pier of tybee if i were gonna try

Khondker

Hey brother, start a thread and title it "Pompano and sheepshead from the pier". That way, youll get all the land based guys answering which is whom youll wanna hear from. I want you to get the best information available. That post will attract a lot of attention. Tight lines?????

Great idea. Coming right up.