First time on Sinclair advice

BG77

Coastal boy here, headed to Sinclair for the weekend. 3 families headed up there. Lots of kids and lots of fishing poles. What can we expect? 2 of the guys going are sure enough fresh water fisherman but normally run lines in the Savannah River. Any catfish, crappie or bass? I know it’s gonna be Africa hot this weekend. Any advice is appreciated.

across the river

Coastal boy here, headed to Sinclair for the weekend. 3 families headed up there. Lots of kids and lots of fishing poles. What can we expect? 2 of the guys going are sure enough fresh water fisherman but normally run lines in the Savannah River. Any catfish, crappie or bass? I know it’s gonna be Africa hot this weekend. Any advice is appreciated.
All of the above are in Sinclair. Bass would probably be the toughest of the three to catch. Would focus real early or real late or even night with it 100 degrees. Go read the “White perch” thread on here going now if you are interested in crappie. If I had a bunch of kids, I would focus on catfish. If the guys run lines, they probably jug as well. Plenty of cats in there to catch, but kids love to jug.

BG77

Yep they talked about the jugs. Awesome. Thank you so much for the tips! Would love to have a catfish fry in the dock

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Louisiana pink worms are working real well for cats but after dark. Pleasure boats and jet skis use will be heavy during daylight hours. Hope y’all have a great time.

BG77

Louisiana pink worms are working real well for cats but after dark. Pleasure boats and jet skis use will be heavy during daylight hours. Hope y’all have a great time.
Thank you sir! Hopefully I can post some cat pics.

Josh B

My advice if you are setting jugs would be find some coves or something off of the channel. When the dam is open that water really moves. Your jugs will be miles away. That lake is full of catfish and some big one's too.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
All of the above are in Sinclair. Bass would probably be the toughest of the three to catch. Would focus real early or real late or even night with it 100 degrees. Go read the “White perch” thread on here going now if you are interested in crappie. If I had a bunch of kids, I would focus on catfish. If the guys run lines, they probably jug as well. Plenty of cats in there to catch, but kids love to jug.

CB425561-5D61-43B3-B2F6-84D2C7198BA5.jpeg

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I’m glad to know I’m in you boy’s head so much. Keep reading and maybe you will actually learn something.
Was chuckling about the deChambeau/Koepka meme, but glad to see you can flatter yourself

madsam

Fish with pinks or the other fat juicy worm. They will be at the bait stores. Hook
worm twice at on end and let the rest dangle. Use a reg. crappie hook. Put cork
on one pole and one on bottom. Boom,start reeling catfish in soon. Remember
around late evening to fish in the shallows. Another thing I like to do is
catch a small brim and put it in a bass hook and boom start reeling in a bigger
catfish. This is perfect for kids......

Crappie fishing- Shoot deep docks on main channel using jig
with some yellow. Retrieve sloowww. Twin Bridges area.Daytime fishing

Bass - Weed beds and seawalls in the morning. Zoom lizard watermelon/ chart.
is my go to.(old school) Mid day is Carolina rig on points or inside small
coves of main lake. use a do nothin worm
You do half of this you will catch fish on Sinclair.

BG77

Well we ain’t just whistling Dixie yet but we actually caught a dang catfish on a jug today!!! The boys and me were extactic! We ran 3 jugs in the cove that we are staying on (18-22 ft) and caught one and lost 2 more at the boat. The jugs were swimming away from us as we approached! So dang fun. Jugs set back out. Big Ed at the tackle store pointed us where we needed to go. This has been a blast!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Well we ain’t just whistling Dixie yet but we actually caught a dang catfish on a jug today!!! The boys and me were extactic! We ran 3 jugs in the cove that we are staying on (18-22 ft) and caught one and lost 2 more at the boat. The jugs were swimming away from us as we approached! So dang fun. Jugs set back out. Big Ed at the tackle store pointed us where we needed to go. This has been a blast!!
Glad Y'all are have'n fun! That's what it's all about, especially with the young ones.... get's them "hooked".. so to speak.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Big Ed is always in the know. Glad y’all are having fun !!