First time out

Harvester

this year for deer and was not prepared at all. Are you always prepared when in the woods. This morn I got up around 0300 and checked out Woodys. I saw KCauseys post about going to the woods so I decided to do the same and do some filming. First, my clothes werent ready by my standards, camcorder wasn't charged and only found an older 35mm. When I got to the woods I opened the glove box and found out the flashlight was dead. I put on my harness, grabbed the thermocell,camera,bottle of water and found that I only had about two pinches of snuff left. To top it all off, I forgot my pouch also. I had to carry the thermocell, camera and water in hand. The wind was perfect for an area where I just put a ladderstand a couple of weeks ago. As I got to the stand I remembered it wasn't tied off yet. I decided to get up anyway and secured the harness to the tree. This area is pretty thick and was loaded with grapes when the stand was erected. At 0735 two deer came through(doe and a fawn) and had no idea I was there. At 0745 the doe came within 6 yards of the stand to my right. When I took the picture the flash went off and it cycled to advance the film and she bolted about 20 yards away and kept blowing and was looking about 50 yards to my right. They ended up getting out of there. I got down a couple of minutes later. Just a reminder to make sure you are prepared. I thought I was alot better off than I was.

Will post the pic after the one hour place gets it ready.

Harvester

OK just got back with the cd and have the pic. I thought that I would figure it out but NOOOOOO. Anywooo, went to the photo forum and havent found any info for that I thought would help me out. Can anyone help. I'm dirt stupid when it comes to anything like this.

When I saw the pic on the comp it was fuzzier than the 3x5 that came with it :huh: . Oh well. thanks
Harvester

Harvester

Finally

I got the pic and thanks for the help T.
It's a little fuzzy but glad get close like this. Wish the wrist was fine enough to THWACK something, but love this time of year and was a sucess in my book.

bradpatt03

congrats...cool that you still saw somethin even tho nothin else worked out for ya...

i konw what you mean about the snuff...ain't nothin worse than climbin the tree and openin the can and seein a pinch or two left..:banginghe

Trizey

Harvester said:
I got the pic and thanks for the help T.
It's a little fuzzy but glad get close like this. Wish the wrist was fine enough to THWACK something, but love this time of year and was a sucess in my book.

No problem buddy, glad to see you got it figured out!

gordylew

Gee you forgot something else! Your bow! what if that would have been a 180'' buck? :huh:

Harvester

Gordy,

Cant pull it back(injured wrist) I had my P89 with me for the 180...................pound hog that is. :D . No big game license yet either. Will charge the camcorder for next time out

Note to self: Deer get spooked with flash AND when film advances :bounce: