First time shooting in more than 2 years.

longbowdave1

After recovering from two partial bicep tears, I was was looking forward to shooting my longbows again. This was when I took a nasty fall on the ice, and messed up my shoulders pretty good. That was January of 2018. I been working on loosing up my shoulders ever since, but no way I could shoot the longbows. I love to bowhunt, but had to shoot an xbow if I wanted to continue to hunt. After a long time exercising and dieting, I could see improvement even if slowly. This February I bought a funny looking lightweight compound bow to train my my shoulders to shoot a vertical bow again, with out the full draw weight of a trad bow. My first time shooting it in the snow this year, I could barely extend my bow arm when shooting. Over summer things loosened up, and I could shoot the wheel bow without pain.

Today was special day for me. I went and retrieved my longbow were it patiently sat since I laid it down. I said a little prayer while stretching my shoulders. Then, I drew back my ,longbow and let that cedar arrow fly once again. My first 5 arrows were a bit scattered, I think I was not even seeing the target, but hoping not to feel any problems in my shoulders. The next group of 5 arrows was well grouped and on target, as well as arrows11-15! After 25 arrows I felt I should stop even know I wanted to make up for lost time. Now the test, seeing how my shoulder feel in the morning.

Just maybe, I will be able to hunt with the longbow again. I can't tell how much I miss doing just that.return arrows 1.jpgreturn arrows 2.jpg

strothershwacker

After recovering from two partial bicep tears, I was was looking forward to shooting my longbows again. This was when I took a nasty fall on the ice, and messed up my shoulders pretty good. That was January of 2018. I been working on loosing up my shoulders ever since, but no way I could shoot the longbows. I love to bowhunt, but had to shoot an xbow if I wanted to continue to hunt. After a long time exercising and dieting, I could see improvement even if slowly. This February I bought a funny looking lightweight compound bow to train my my shoulders to shoot a vertical bow again, with out the full draw weight of a trad bow. My first time shooting it in the snow this year, I could barely extend my bow arm when shooting. Over summer things loosened up, and I could shoot the wheel bow without pain.

Today was special day for me. I went and retrieved my longbow were it patiently sat since I laid it down. I said a little prayer while stretching my shoulders. Then, I drew back my ,longbow and let that cedar arrow fly once again. My first 5 arrows were a bit scattered, I think I was not even seeing the target, but hoping not to feel any problems in my shoulders. The next group of 5 arrows was well grouped and on target, as well as arrows11-15! After 25 arrows I felt I should stop even know I wanted to make up for lost time. Now the test, seeing how my shoulder feel in the morning.

Just maybe, I will be able to hunt with the longbow again. I can't tell how much I miss doing just that.View attachment 1031305View attachment 1031306
Awesome!! KEEP HAMMERING!

longbowdave1

Shot the bow again today, and shot pretty well. Limited myself to 25 arrows. I don't want to over do it after long time off from shooting. Very hard to stop after only a few shots....Got about 5 weeks until opening day of bowhunting here. Some how, some way way, I will be ready!