First wild Quail

SLY22

Useles Member !
Haven't posted in a while. We put in some miles but finally found 2 coveys and each was 12-15 strong. We'll mark them on the map and move on to find other coveys. Good luck the rest of the season!

Congrats! Did you hunt with a dog?

dawgvet

Awesome report! Were y'all hunting public land? What gauge is that Browning? I have a Light Twelve from 1969 that I really like.

Turkeytider

Congrats! If one was raised on wild birds over pointing dogs or have the good fortune to be able to hunt them today, nothing like it. In no way a criticism of put and take birds or you guys that do it mind you, but I was one and done on that. One guy I was with actually beat one to death with his cap!

jicard3

Awesome report! Were y'all hunting public land? What gauge is that Browning? I have a Light Twelve from 1969 that I really like.
I am a fan of the Browning humpbacks too! I have a Jap made Light Twelve. Guy I bought it from sold it too cheap cause "it kicked like a mule". They do kick, but mine just seems to shoot where I'm looking. I sure would like to get my hands on a Belgium made Sweet 16. The wood on the OP's gun looks like a Belgium made to me.

Duff

Congratulations! Great pic!