Fish Camp on storm watch.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Special marine warning tonight for large, intense thunderstorm just west of Marker 24 Barge headed west towards Carabelle and Apalachicola...

Special light show across the water...

View attachment 1097662

The moon was just out of sight in the first one... In the upper right corner here…. blue sky visible.

No thunder sounded at all from the distant lightning.

View attachment 1097663

Cool vids...over the last week we've had some nasty cells moving E-W inland late. Few nights ago it was almost 2 solid hrs of rumbling when one slid between us and Quitman!

slow motion

Go fishing and stop by fish camp Sat afternoon.
I think there is still a jar of Kansas Magic Elixir there.
Was close by but was soaked and tired. Wasn't sure if you were still around anyway. I might need some cough medicine another day if the offer comes up again.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Awesome Web page of the NOAA weather prediction center...
Quantitative Precipitation Forecast for day1 through days 1 through 7.
Rainfall broken up into 6 hour periods and cumulative. Tons of info here.

Just like the track, the accumulation of rain has been moving westward over the past few days also.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/day1-7.shtml

5-day cumulative... Legend on the webpage.

Screenshot_20210814-195116_Chrome.jpg

1eyefishing

Bacon an' pepperjack lover's biscuit at fish camp...

20210815_102240.jpg

Waiting around here to see how much rain we get this evening. Then. Probably head home in the morning.. I think Grace is going to be a dud also...
Windy app has grace coming off of Cuba and dissipating.

RedHills

Dont discount ol Fred just yet...dont see much wind damage out away from center, but surge right there gonna be a concern.

1eyefishing

Dont discount ol Fred just yet...dont see much wind damage out away from center, but surge right there gonna be a concern.

Yeah, and I can toss a baseball from my camper site into this marshgrass that is flooded on summer higher tides. The surge expectation has now grown for here. I'll be hooking up shortly and ready to head for higher ground a couple miles away.20210815_121727.jpg

1eyefishing

This evening's high tide is a lower one. But the surge could put mmy camper wheels in the wster...

Screenshot_20210815-121921_Tides.jpg

1eyefishing

Well, the whole thing slowed down and the worst of it is expected here in Saint Marks around midday. I've moved my camper away from the edge of the marsh about a 100 yd away to a little higher ground. Hope I don't have to move it againin a downpour...
Gonna have to hang around one more night.

Screenshot_20210816-082928_MyRadar.jpg

pottydoc

Pics from my uncles house at the ‘Hatch. They’re from last week before Fred was even close. If you zone the first on, you can see the floating doc is higher than the boat house floor already. He’s about 2 miles upstream from the Gulf, so hopefully nut a lot of surge there. The house is about 3-3 1/2’ higher than the water in the pics, so it should be ok. Our camp on
51 has never flooded, so we should be good there. We will see.87EC8162-EBF7-45DE-A323-2FEAC8948A37.jpeg49B9E445-5CDD-409B-8A04-6A2D4F62812C.jpeg49B9E445-5CDD-409B-8A04-6A2D4F62812C.jpeg

Attachments

• 87543E20-09F9-4B22-A5BE-1C1EAF11E395.jpeg
    87543E20-09F9-4B22-A5BE-1C1EAF11E395.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 10

slow motion

Well, the whole thing slowed down and the worst of it is expected here in Saint Marks around midday. I've moved my camper away from the edge of the marsh about a 100 yd away to a little higher ground. Hope I don't have to move it againin a downpour...
Gonna have to hang around one more night.

View attachment 1098216
Looks nasty stay safe brother.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fred probably more organized right now as it has been! Spinning up some pretty good bands.
7" of rain off of it all the way up here last night. Flash flood warnings.

1eyefishing

I got my camper back in its sweet spot but so far the backside has been worse than the front side...
Tonight's high tide is actually lower on the chart than this morning's high tide, but it looks just as bad, plus stormier.

RedHills

I got my camper back in its sweet spot but so far the backside has been worse than the front side...
Tonight's high tide is actually lower on the chart than this morning's high tide, but it looks just as bad, plus stormier.
Noticed that as well...even now, the weather aint where weve learned to expect it!