Fish finder????

Yakman22

Hey everybody, I’m looking into getting me a finder for my yak. I’m leaning toward Hummingbird or Garmin. My main question is about side imaging, is it a “must” to get? Don’t you have to maintain some speed for side imaging to work? Any info on Hummingbird or Garmin and side imaging(if it’s worth it) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Coenen

Even more important than forward motion is probably screen size. If you're not going with a 7"+ screen you'll have trouble reading small targets on SI.

I'd go with the Bird, but both companies make a good product.

Yakman22

Even more important than forward motion is probably screen size. If you're not going with a 7"+ screen you'll have trouble reading small targets on SI.

I'd go with the Bird, but both companies make a good product.
Yea i was thinking a 7 or a 9”, i had heard it needs to be 7+. Good deal

Ajohnson0587

Hey everybody, I’m looking into getting me a finder for my yak. I’m leaning toward Hummingbird or Garmin. My main question is about side imaging, is it a “must” to get? Don’t you have to maintain some speed for side imaging to work? Any info on Hummingbird or Garmin and side imaging(if it’s worth it) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
It’s not a must, but depending on your fishing style it’s a big help. I like to fish around docks on Lanier and SI is great for that. I just put a GARMIN 73SV UHD (7” screen) on my kayak and I have been very pleased with it. I find myself using 2d & SI’ing more then the DI. I wished I could have bought the 93SV (9” screen) but ultimately I was working with a $1000 budget and I was pretty close to that after buying the unit and getting all the supplies to mount & wire it plus power it up. Here’s the thread to my install https://forum.gon.com/threads/got-my-new-graph-installed.971072/

Ajohnson0587

Here’s some pics for reference of what I’m seeing on 2D and SI’ing. I have the settings on the SI’ing perfect, but the DI I’m still playing with. I dnt use it as much which is why I haven’t got it dialed in all the way. 0CE18228-3B4F-481A-BEF3-C4345E288F54.jpeg

RamblinWreck

I put a Echomap 93sv UHD on my NuCanoe F12. Install thread is back in here somewhere. Mostly I am using Panoptix Livescope on it. I do look for bream beds and brush piles with SI. Yeah, I spent a lot. You only live once... and I'm old.
:LOL:

Latest posts