Fishers of Men Georgia South 2023 Schedule

brunofishing

Ga south fishing north GA? (Sinclair Oconee) Lake Harding off the trail, is there a reason for moving the tournaments north?

Limbhanger2881

The reason is that Sinclair and Oconee has not had Fishers of Men for years. One time in 2019 for Oconee but not consistently since 2014 with the last time FOMNTT has had a tournament on Sinclair was in 2009. I would argue that anything below I20 is considered South Georgia. There are anglers that live in South Central and South East Georgia that the closest lake to them is Sinclair and Oconee. The goal of Fishers of Men is to share Christ through tournament bass fishing. The amount of anglers that fish Oconee and Sinclair is huge vs a Harding which is our smallest tournament that we have. We are challenging status quo and trying to grow Fishers of Men South Georgia and reach as many people as we can as well as make a commute closer that live in South Central and South East Georgia. I have a leadership committee of 5 people that have been with FOMNTT GA South for years if not for the past 23 years. The vote was unanimously to include Oconee and Sinclair. I was going to just add Oconee but for strategic purposes of the Regionals and National Championship to include Sinclair. If you fish 3 tournaments you are eligible to fish the regional. Having the locals around Sinclair and Oconee they only have to go pick up a West Point or Eufaula and be eligible to fish the Regionals which get you to the National Championship. This is a gamble for us to move to a true South Georgia trail vs a South West Georgia trail. I am more that glad to answer any and all questions.

brunofishing

The reason is that Sinclair and Oconee has not had Fishers of Men for years. One time in 2019 for Oconee but not consistently since 2014 with the last time FOMNTT has had a tournament on Sinclair was in 2009. I would argue that anything below I20 is considered South Georgia. There are anglers that live in South Central and South East Georgia that the closest lake to them is Sinclair and Oconee. The goal of Fishers of Men is to share Christ through tournament bass fishing. The amount of anglers that fish Oconee and Sinclair is huge vs a Harding which is our smallest tournament that we have. We are challenging status quo and trying to grow Fishers of Men South Georgia and reach as many people as we can as well as make a commute closer that live in South Central and South East Georgia. I have a leadership committee of 5 people that have been with FOMNTT GA South for years if not for the past 23 years. The vote was unanimously to include Oconee and Sinclair. I was going to just add Oconee but for strategic purposes of the Regionals and National Championship to include Sinclair. If you fish 3 tournaments you are eligible to fish the regional. Having the locals around Sinclair and Oconee they only have to go pick up a West Point or Eufaula and be eligible to fish the Regionals which get you to the National Championship. This is a gamble for us to move to a true South Georgia trail vs a South West Georgia trail. I am more that glad to answer any and all questions.
Fair enough, I have been with FOM for a long time and had to stop during covid due to a large increase in business however got a new boat and ready to get back after it with my daughter, Oconee and Sinclair are not an our radar so we'll see if we can fish the rest of the tourneys!
Thanks for the clarification and your time! Now I'll have answers at the boat ramp when the question comes up.
Thanks
Brandon Carraway

Limbhanger2881

Fair enough, I have been with FOM for a long time and had to stop during covid due to a large increase in business however got a new boat and ready to get back after it with my daughter, Oconee and Sinclair are not an our radar so we'll see if we can fish the rest of the tourneys!
Thanks for the clarification and your time! Now I'll have answers at the boat ramp when the question comes up.
Thanks
Brandon Carraway
Thank you. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me at (770)241-0085 or bbohanon@fomntt.com. I look forward to meeting you.