Fishing Jeckyll Beaches and Creeks

I am going to be down on Jeckyll the first week of June. Anyone want to give my any hints on fishing the beaches and or creeks. I have a kayak that I could use to get into some of the creeks.

Thanks in advance.

WalkinDead

Banned
The area to the north of the boat ramp, by the turtle center, past the bridge and marina should provide decent fishing for slot redfish and trout all the way out to the jetty at the end of the creek during incoming and high tides. Not very much boat traffic there usually. A bit early for sharks, but the north beach of Jekyll may provide a few small ones with the chance for a bull red or two and whiting. The south beach is typically good for shrimping due to the slope of the beach, but not quite as good for fishing, unless you fish near Jekyll Point where the channel swings in by the beach. Whiting, reds, and sharks would be the primary species there.
Another option would be Gould's Inlet on St. Simon's. Flounder, slot reds, trout and whiting would be the target species. Little boat traffic there usually.
Others who fish from a kayak can give you better advice, I'm sure.

The area to the north of the boat ramp, by the turtle center, past the bridge and marina should provide decent fishing for slot redfish and trout all the way out to the jetty at the end of the creek during incoming and high tides. Not very much boat traffic there usually. A bit early for sharks, but the north beach of Jekyll may provide a few small ones with the chance for a bull red or two and whiting. The south beach is typically good for shrimping due to the slope of the beach, but not quite as good for fishing, unless you fish near Jekyll Point where the channel swings in by the beach. Whiting, reds, and sharks would be the primary species there.
Another option would be Gould's Inlet on St. Simon's. Flounder, slot reds, trout and whiting would be the target species. Little boat traffic there usually.
Others who fish from a kayak can give you better advice, I'm sure.
Thanks for the information.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
If you launch your yak at the pier, and head back toward the ICW, there are three good creeks on your left.

I like the second one best.

You should give em a try around low tide, you'll have em to yourself...

mmill143

any suggestions on where/how?

Im planning the usual, dead fish on a big circle hook taken out away from shore by kayak and dropped.

first time fishing coastal GA, mostly a Florida coast fisherman.

RHFisherman

I'm in St. Cats Sound... The sharks are in. Done well with fresh caught bait, horrible on anything frozen.

My best days so far is when I went out early and got a couple rays, fish, shrimp for bait.

Got 5 boat side last week, lost another 3 mid fight.

mmill143

I'm in St. Cats Sound... The sharks are in. Done well with fresh caught bait, horrible on anything frozen.

My best days so far is when I went out early and got a couple rays, fish, shrimp for bait.

Got 5 boat side last week, lost another 3 mid fight.
what species and size? just curious

RHFisherman

I'm rigged for anything up to about 5'. Last week they averaged closer to 4'. Mainly sandys, blacktips, and bonnet head.

massafibassa

Fort Clinch is a great place for big shark. Not sure if its open not a bad ride.