Fishing photo dump

Thread starter #1
Welp, after getting enough "where have you been" messages, I thought I'd stop by to drop off a bunch of photos for y'all to show you what I've been up to. Long story short, I've been all over the place sticking fish! To start, here's a bunch from Lanier alone:

Attachments

Thread starter #2
Here's a bunch from the last few pond hopping trips. Catfish was actually caught on a zoom speed worm the second it hit bottom

Attachments

Thread starter #3
Here's a few more. By the way, if anybody knows where the crappie are biting at or wants to go crappie fishing, let me know. I know where they're at along with pretty much every other fish, but alas they cannot be reached by the humble boatless angler

Attachments

Man! knocking ‘m out!

Here's a few more. By the way, if anybody knows where the crappie are biting at or wants to go crappie fishing, let me know. I know where they're at along with pretty much every other fish, but alas they cannot be reached by the humble boatless angler
:LOL: that bluegill with the yellow lure on it's head! I've caught a few bluegills while bass fishing - the way they fight so hard you can't tell they aren't bass until you land them.

Thread starter #13
Big gills are
:LOL: that bluegill with the yellow lure on it's head! I've caught a few bluegills while bass fishing - the way they fight so hard you can't tell they aren't bass until you land them.
Big gills are feisty little dudes. No problem hitting bass and crappie baits and if they got any bigger, it would never be safe to swim again.

Big gills are
Big gills are feisty little dudes. No problem hitting bass and crappie baits and if they got any bigger, it would never be safe to swim again.
somebody once said that if bluegills grew to 20 pounds we'd never know what they looked like! :LOL: And they still fight hard even when you catch them ice fishing, when you think their metabolism would slow down.

Never ate a Yellow Perch! How are they,compared to say a Crappie or Bream ?
As always, this is just my opinion.
I think yellows blow away gills and crappies for eating...and I love gills and crappies.
Yellow perch remind me a lot of how the walleyes up north taste.
I must've caught, filleted, and eaten thousands of them over the years.
As that old radio commercial used to say about Bull of the Woods chewing tobacco...just apply it to a yellow perch: "hoss, he's the boss".:)