Fishing reports are slow

ilbcnu

Been staying in Bagby st park since Friday. Not a bite, rained this morning clearing this afternoon. Leaving tomorrow

slow motion

Been staying in Bagby st park since Friday. Not a bite, rained this morning clearing this afternoon. Leaving tomorrow
Maybe you can turn it around last minute. Good luck.

doomtrpr_z71

I had hopes to be giving report on keaton Friday but the trim went out on my buddy's 115 yahama with 3 hours on it so I guess I'll be going to the lake instead. I imagine y'all will be doing just fine by then with this weather.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
We're just fishing easy and trying to get into the swing of it right now. No hardcore stuff with the 15' Jon boat. Probably launch from the lighthouse and fish the oyster bars next.

slow motion

We're just fishing easy and trying to get into the swing of it right now. No hardcore stuff with the 15' Jon boat. Probably launch from the lighthouse and fish the oyster bars next.
Haven't seen a post from you or Mr. Kansas in a bit. You are usually quite prolific at posting your reports. Not sure if I should try and gather a GON member search party and start a Go fund me page for your info for your safe return. Perhaps the fishing is so good you are hesitant to report as you might be overrun with other fishermen. Hoping you are, even as I type, engaged in close quarters hand to fin combat and while the enemy has sustained massive casualties their numbers are so overwhelming neither of you dares let your guard down long enough to post.

1eyefishing

Kansas and I caught 40 or 50 pounds of black drum yesterday. Along with the standard mix of catfish, ladyfish, and undersized trout. Put one keeper trout in the box.
I fished again today with a different local and we did about the same but not as good. My partner kept one midsize black drum I caught and we knocked off a little early due to lack of action...
I am suspicious of what's going on with the black drum. I have caught more and more and more each of the last 3 years...

slow motion

Did you happen to notice the water temperature. Hoping the fish will start to move onto the flats soon. Though for me work is ramping up. Not above playing hooky for a day or two. Btw. Glad you and Mr. Kansas are alive and well and catching even the lowly hardhead beats work any day.

1eyefishing

Did you happen to notice the water temperature. Hoping the fish will start to move onto the flats soon. Though for me work is ramping up. Not above playing hooky for a day or two. Btw. Glad you and Mr. Kansas are alive and well and catching even the lowly hardhead beats work any day.

We found some water 67.9°.
Mostly 65° to 66°.
But this was inside the river. I imagine it's a little cooler on the flats still. B
Unless we get an extended cold period, not going to be long until things are poppin.

slow motion

Wondering if some of the shallow coastline from the lighthouse east would have a few fish on the afternoon high tide. A negative low this morning. Sun might heat up the shallow or even exposed bottom before the water comes back in. Caught a bunch of trout on a similar senario in January last year. Also pretty shallow from the mouth of the East River to the lighthouse channel. Keep us posted gentlemen.

1eyefishing

Ya, this guy says he been catching trout at the mouths of creeks instead of back up in the creeks. But the creeks he is talking about are hard to reach in my 15' Jon boat or tricky navigation for my 24' Bay boat. I tried to launch the lighthouse a couple of days ago but the -0.8 tide wouldn't float my boat off the trailer at the end of the ramp. I have the intention of exploring the rock garden and Stony Bayou in my small boat but it may be big boat time before I actually get it done.
I think this guy's fishing report may be what inspired the title of this thread. He is so slow I can't hardly stand listening to him! Definitely didn't make it all the way through the report. That YT channel occasionally has some good info though...

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
You boys are getting me excited!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Weather for our next fishing window coming into view…
You know what I say… if it's more than 3 days out you can just about take the prediction and flip flop it...

View attachment 1069762
I looked at the weather yesterday and smiled... Finally told the wife I was going to Florida next week..:bounce: