Fishing Winter in North Metro Atlanta

JR924

Wanting to fish the Rocky Mountain Lakes (GA Power ) by Rome, Lake Ackworth or the Hollis Lathem Reservoir by Canton. this Dec thru Jan. Using a small boat with trolling motor. Just want to catch fish so don't care if it is crappie, bluegill, bass or catfish. I fished from the bank at Rocky Mountain last week and go no bites using worms. Going to take the boat out next week to one of those mentioned lakes. Any hints on what to do to catch the various fish in those lakes in the winter months? Would not put the boat out till outdoor temperature is in the 60s. Thanks for any replies.

hopper

Alot of info on lathem here. This is in the Kayak Canoe forums
Good Luck! Senkos weightless dragged sloooww is my go to.

JR924

Alot of info on lathem here. This is in the Kayak Canoe forums
Good Luck! Senkos weightless dragged sloooww is my go to.
What color and size of Senko worm works best?. I assume you rig it Texas style. I see a 5" one of different colors. Not sure of other sizes.

hopper

What color and size of Senko worm works best?. I assume you rig it Texas style. I see a 5" one of different colors. Not sure of other sizes.
5" green pumpkin hooked in the middle (wacky) for a slow fall. No weight senkos are heavy enough. Also it helps it not getting snaged up on weeds. Lathem has a weedy bottom.

hopper

Here is a screen shot of were I usually start lined in red although the entire lake can be good. And here is a link for a topo map for you. https://ccwsa.com/reservoir-map/
I haven't been in about a year. Gotta get my jon boat set back up. Good luck.

Screenshot_20221209_202854_Office.jpg