Fishing With Capt. StripeRR HunteRR

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We launched on Lanier today at about 0745 and the topwater bite was off the chain. StripeRR hooked up on his second cast not 5 minutes after we launched and I hooked up immediately thereafter. The fish were small but the action was brisk. Altogether we boated at least 8 fish and it was an almost even split between 1-2 lb Spots and Stripers and all of them fought with attitude.

The bite was steady right up until about 10:30 when it started to slow down but the fish were still feeding on top right up until we called it done around 11:30 this morning.

We did hook one big one on a down line at about 25' deep but he broke the line before I could get the rod out of the rod holder. Impatient sucker he was!

It's hard to have a bad time fishing with Mike. He has the magic touch and always marks lots of fish whether they bite or not. Today was an exceptional trip. The weather was a perfect Fall morning, hot temps notwithstanding and the fish were definitely turned on and we slayed them early. I don't think I've seen that much topwater action in a long time. We were like kids in a candy store.

Fish 1.JPG

Fish 2.JPGFish 3 (2).JPG

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fine, fun trip!

bigewalksalone

Nice catch and a fun day it looks like. But if you need me to get you a Real
roll tide Hat just let me know...lol

specialk

All that red scared the big ones away...lol.....thanks for sharing....good day on the water!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Good job boys! Way to get Lee out of the office Mike!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I don't know who I'm more jealous of... elfy for getting to fish with Mike, or Mike for getting Lee on his boat...:unsure:

I have no problem getting Mike out of the house, Lee... Well.. That's a WHOLE different situation!

j_seph

I bet ya'll could have caught 20 if ya hadn't gotten tied up talking politics on the lake.
Good Job Captain

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I bet ya'll could have caught 20 if ya hadn't gotten tied up talking politics on the lake.
Good Job Captain

I don't think we mentioned a word about politics. We were having too much fun to spoil it.:bounce: