FL Panther in Georgia

Tom W.

Sounds like a Manx with the short tail. I would have those knives removed as soon as the vet will do it before she destroys all your furniture since she is indoors only.

Rosewood
It's a kitten that was rescued from a drainage pipe at a local church. Feral, I suspect. Her brother was found the day before. The people named him Clyde. Any guess as to this kitten's name????

rosewood

It's a kitten that was rescued from a drainage pipe at a local church. Feral, I suspect. Her brother was found the day before. The people named him Clyde. Any guess as to this kitten's name????
Bonnie?

rosewood

My 12lb calico is on permanent house arrest, only time she goes outside is to the vet. She is safer that way.

Tom W.

Bonnie.

I looked up Manx cats and found out that they will fetch. So will Bonnie. She'll drop her toy between my feet and wait for me to throw it. I can't fool her, either. If I fake a throw she'll just sit there and wait until I really throw it.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Have only seen one in my life at Richloam WMA during turkey season around 86-87. Was walking back to my truck on a road and it came out maybe 75 yards in front of me. It proceeded to roll around in the warm sand, stood up, shook off and proceeded walking toward me. Got within maybe 50 yards and realized I was there. Was on one side of the 15' or so wide road and jumped across nearly clearing it.

Have seen tracks of them in Osceola, Polk, Sumter, Hamilton and Indian River Counties though.

Core Lokt

Never seen a house cat with legs that thick, perfect curved tail, little round head with rounded ears. I know folks don't want o believe it but I'd bet it's a panther. As many as there are in S FL they very rarely get seen other then dead hit by cars or trains. There has already been 4 killed in FL in 2020.

rosewood

Never seen a house cat with legs that thick, perfect curved tail, little round head with rounded ears. I know folks don't want o believe it but I'd bet it's a panther. As many as there are in S FL they very rarely get seen other then dead hit by cars or trains. There has already been 4 killed in FL in 2020.
You may be right.

The thick legs could be shadow. But his body and and tail look too short to me to be a panther/mountain lion/cougar.

Rosewood

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Bonnie.

I looked up Manx cats and found out that they will fetch. So will Bonnie. She'll drop her toy between my feet and wait for me to throw it. I can't fool her, either. If I fake a throw she'll just sit there and wait until I really throw it.

We have those hair band things all over the house. If I’m sitting on the couch, I make her bring it all the way to me. We shoot them like rubber bands and she will absolutely go fetch it, kill it, and bring it back! What a hoot! I LOVE this baby girl.

1F42883B-2774-40A2-9CDA-E4E8983CD8DB.jpeg

rosewood

This kind of reminds me of the bigfoot sightings. You never get a close up indisputable picture. With all the cameras out there, why don't we get that "black panther" to walk close enough to the camera to get that picture no one can argue with? I haven't seen it. All of the "panther" pictures are just far enough away that no one can say for sure. We do however get house cat and bob cat photos on occasion close enough to the camera to say for sure what they are.

Rosewood

oldguy

This kind of reminds me of the bigfoot sightings. You never get a close up indisputable picture. With all the cameras out there, why don't we get that "black panther" to walk close enough to the camera to get that picture no one can argue with? I haven't seen it. All of the "panther" pictures are just far enough away that no one can say for sure. We do however get house cat and bob cat photos on occasion close enough to the camera to say for sure what they are.

Rosewood
And no verifiable tracks or scat. Critter GOT to leave sign somewhere!

oldguy

But nairn in good 'ol GA!

oldguy

I saw one in the Nine Mile Swamp area of Putnam County Florida back in 1976, and also saw T43 as he crossed a big powerline right of way in Baker County between Newton and El Model, a few weeks before he was caught, tranqed and returned to Florida.
When did you see T43?

Turpentine

snow leopard, African golden cat, black leopard?
I'm sure there are at least a few people on here that has seen one in real life and doesn't just take national geographics word for it. There are many ghost cats around the world.
Could be a few Georgia black panthers roaming around.
Could be a black bob cat with a long tail.
Could be a such thing as a giant squid.
Did ya know there is a fish that can swim up inside you if ya take a leak while swimming. They swim up the current of your pee...., I think in the Amazon or something like that.
I find an elusive cat much more believable then a giant squid who fights with sperm whales.

Turpentine

Those early mornings sure can play tricks on your eyes tho. Amazing how two hogs can appear to look like two Georgia panthers playing tag.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
snow leopard, African golden cat, black leopard?
I'm sure there are at least a few people on here that has seen one in real life and doesn't just take national geographics word for it. There are many ghost cats around the world.
Could be a few Georgia black panthers roaming around.
Could be a black bob cat with a long tail.
Could be a such thing as a giant squid.
Did ya know there is a fish that can swim up inside you if ya take a leak while swimming. They swim up the current of your pee...., I think in the Amazon or something like that.
I find an elusive cat much more believable then a giant squid who fights with sperm whales.
I read about that fish.
It has barbs and doesn’t leave as easy as it enters. Surgery is required.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Black panthers are after me
Why don’t the DNR believe?