Flint river near Woodbury Ga

Lindseys Grandpa

Part of river . Its about a mile above Flat shoals Road. Its right above a fairly large island in river .

Lindseys Grandpa

I looked at this on google earth and I believe u are right
Thats it . You used to be able to cross river on Flat Shoals road and there is a dirt drive on north side of road where you could slide a boat in . I dont know if that is still allowed . Had to get out and drag in a couple of spots.

BDD

it's permitted, just park up the road on the right. it's a good float down to 74/18 not a lot of shoals like down river , but a few. I guessing about 4 miles.

Damidgede

Thats it . You used to be able to cross river on Flat Shoals road and there is a dirt drive on north side of road where you could slide a boat in . I dont know if that is still allowed . Had to get out and drag in a couple of spots.
Careful fishing anywhere near flat shoals or yellow jacket shoals, you will get a warning or ticket if your foot touches the bottom and the warden is around.

BDD

When did they start ticketing at Flat shoals again ? are you talking from resent experience ?
Years ago they did and you couldn’t use the side of the road to put in, but last I was there (last year) they opened
The access to the river and you could wade the shoals.

Damidgede

When did they start ticketing at Flat shoals again ? are you talking from resent experience ?
Years ago they did and you couldn’t use the side of the road to put in, but last I was there (last year) they opened
The access to the river and you could wade the shoals.
Big thread on another group I am on about how people are getting tickets there. Just giving fair warning.

Lindseys Grandpa

I know the guy who bought the land south of Flat shoals bridge stopped everybody from using it years ago.