flip phone "press download" question

oldfella1962

Okay I have a new Verizon flip phone and might be getting important work related messages. Here is the problem: when checking messages all I get is a notice saying "you received a multimedia message, press download to retrieve it's content" but where is the "download" button? No button on my phone is labeled download. I tried to research it online but that didn't help. I guess I will try to send him a message (through texting) to tell them if it's that important call me.

Anyway if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it - thank you.

Meriwether Mike

Sounds like a group text. Check your text messages.

Dr. Strangelove

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "new" flip phone ? I thought they quit making those ?

Nope, I used to sell at least one as week when I was in phone sales, as late as April of this year.

Most likely the enter or select button, sometimes in the very middle on some models

Yes, likely this is the answer. Sometimes there are keys immediately under the screen on the right and left that correspond to whatever function in above them on the screen at the time.

GoldDot40

Okay I have a new Verizon flip phone and might be getting important work related messages. Here is the problem: when checking messages all I get is a notice saying "you received a multimedia message, press download to retrieve it's content" but where is the "download" button? No button on my phone is labeled download. I tried to research it online but that didn't help. I guess I will try to send him a message (through texting) to tell them if it's that important call me.

Anyway if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it - thank you.
Check your plan. Make sure you can even receive data messages. My dad still uses a flip phone, but he's on ATT. He recently moved and has next to zero service to make/receive calls so more people have been sending texts. His plan was charging him 20 cents per text and 30 cents for pictures.

I checked into it and discovered there were several plans available for flip phones and his wasn't set up for text messages OR multimedia data messages. Just a thought.

GeorgeShu

I bought a Galaxy Flip 4 about a month ago. Its the smart phone model.
Only downside is that the screen is not hard surface like we are used to. In order the bend it is a softer pliable material. Sales lady warned to very careful not to place in pocket that has any dirt, keys, coins, etc that could damage the screen.
Fits deeply into pocket, no fear it will fall out.
I love it so far.

oldfella1962

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "new" flip phone ? I thought they quit making those ?

by new I mean similar to my soon-to-be obsolete 3G flip phone. I had to get a 4G LTE which is compatible with the new 5G technology. As you can see I am not smart enough for a "smart" phone! :LOL: And being disabled with memory impairment & learning disability, nobody has the patience to teach me and show me the same things over & over.

Anyway yes I tied the middle button when I got the "press download" but that took me to a screen with two or three options that I didn't even understand. It might take me down some rabbit-hole. I think at some point I got a question of "enable wi-fi" but was afraid to choose that: I might screw something up and then I can't use the phone even for regular calls. So I guess one question would be is does a regular phone call involve wi-fi? In other words am I always using wi-fi and I just don't realize it? :unsure:

The manual starts out with the assumption that I already "speak the language" of cell phone technology. I'm not to that level by any means.

Also I do get regular written texts from people, but the "multimedia" thing was something new.

oldfella1962

The new flips they just started making are just flip smart phones.

So how do I know if my flip phone is actually a smart phone? It's very cheap (like 30 dollars at Walmart but I paid double at the Verizon office because I knew I would have trouble activating a phone myself) so I assume it isn't a smart phone. I'm on the 30 dollars a month pre-paid plan if that helps.