Flooded but Fishable Lanier w/pics

Scout'nStripers

The water continues to rise and we're less than a foot from an all time record high water mark. The fish continue to bite in the same areas as if the water didn't rise. Just about every fish this morning was caught around staging areas like secondary points.
cat.jpgcat1.jpgcat2.jpgcat4.jpgcat5.jpgcat6.jpg

Scout'nStripers

That's some toads Jim. Great fishing !. Fish looking real healthy this year.
These bigger spotted bass are in their element right now and probably the healthiest time of the year for them. They are cruising the shoreline feeding up for the upcoming spawn and they are strong and fat. They have great color right now and Feb. is the best time to catch the biggest fish of the year imo. The bite is pretty slow and boring but when I feel that tiny little tick on my worm lying on the bottom, my heart rate jumps two fold in a nanosecond.

goshenmountainman

These bigger spotted bass are in their element right now and probably the healthiest time of the year for them. They are cruising the shoreline feeding up for the upcoming spawn and they are strong and fat. They have great color right now and Feb. is the best time to catch the biggest fish of the year imo. The bite is pretty slow and boring but when I feel that tiny little tick on my worm lying on the bottom, my heart rate jumps two fold in a nanosecond.
your-face.jpgHere is how I feel Jim, caught some real good ones down in your area Monday.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Yep, it just feels like mush. Once I recognized the feel I caught a lot more fish. The sponge feeling comes with a time limit though. They spit it back out after a few moments. Sometimes they spit it back out about the time I'm raring back to set the hook.LOL
Great report! I fish all my shaky heads primarily with a trick worm or Netbait worm. Rub some smelly jelly bass feast formula or megastrike gel on your shaky head bait and they'll swim around with that thing in their mouth all day before you set the hook! I do prefer megastrike though because it's pretty odorless and not messy. I don't know if any of you guys have tried it, but a Rage craw on a shaky head is UNREAL! The scent isn't always necessary but it does always help me when the water is cold or the bite is tough on any bottom crawling bait or rig.