Florida to Georgia??

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk

With all the shutdowns etc. am I allowed to cross the state line from Fl to Ga. and back again by vehicle?

i'd make sure i had a valid drivers license on my person for sure.....

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It depends on the locality. Right now, my county (in NC) is under a stay-at -home order, with quite a few exceptions. One part of it, though, says that if you are coming into the county to stay overnight, you have to register with the county. And if you are a resident who leaves the county for three days or more, you are required to quarantine yourself for 14 days when you come back. I would be surprised if more and more counties through the southeast don't adopt similar regulations.

Is there any system of enforcement??
Are there roadblocks,etc ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any system of enforcement??
Are there roadblocks,etc ?
Not here that I know of. There are at the entrances to the Cherokee reservation near here, from what I've heard. They're completely shut down. Somebody said that HWY 441 going through there is closed to everybody except residents. Another county near here is supposed to have about all roads into the county closed by the end of the week.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Not here that I know of. There are at the entrances to the Cherokee reservation near here, from what I've heard. They're completely shut down. Somebody said that HWY 441 going through there is closed to everybody except residents. Another county near here is supposed to have about all roads into the county closed by the end of the week.

I would like to see how a county would go about closing all roads???

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
These mountain counties aren't like the ones in the flatlands. The only roads here have to go through mountain gaps or along rivers and creeks. Some counties don't have but a handful of roads going into them. The county I'm talking about has only about four roads entering the county, maybe five. Park a cop on each one, and that's how you close the roads.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
These mountain counties aren't like the ones in the flatlands. The only roads here have to go through mountain gaps or along rivers and creeks. Some counties don't have but a handful of roads going into them. The county I'm talking about has only about four roads entering the county, maybe five. Park a cop on each one, and that's how you close the roads.
5 roads x 2 ends = 10 officers 24/7. 12 hour shifts = 20 officers. There still has to be staff handling routine needs as well. A county that rural doesn’t have the sheriff staff or tax base to support such a needless endeavor.
I think someone is pulling your leg.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
5 roads x 2 ends = 10 officers 24/7. 12 hour shifts = 20 officers. There still has to be staff handling routine needs as well. A county that rural doesn’t have the sheriff staff or tax base to support such a needless endeavor.
I think someone is pulling your leg.
I'm counting all the ends, not separate roads in that county. And not a one of them are four lane. You have never been here, have you? Try building bunches of roads across 6,000' mountain ridges. It don't work. I'll hush now, because you know more about where I live than I do.

rydert

Blue Heeler man
I'm counting all the ends, not separate roads in that county. And not a one of them are four lane. You have never been here, have you? Try building bunches of roads across 6,000' mountain ridges. It don't work. I'll hush now, because you know more about where I live than I do.
Worked at a start up in West Virginia that was like that. 2 roads in 3 roads out and one of those were dirt.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, Not slamming anyone or any location just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of closing towns, counties, highways, etc. and why.
I also have trouble understanding enforcement of curfews, etc.
Maybe I need to turn off Fox News and find a good Western movie to watch before I go :crazy:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, Not slamming anyone or any location just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of closing towns, counties, highways, etc. and why.
I also have trouble understanding enforcement of curfews, etc.
Maybe I need to turn off Fox News and find a good Western movie to watch before I go :crazy:
It would be almost impossible to close off, say, one of your big counties around Atlanta. Graham County, NC, not so much. If there are only three or four ways to get in, no problem sealing it off. Now, as to the matter of enforcement, I don't know how far they'll go. I know that my wife had to get documents to carry saying that she works in an essential business so she can unquestionably freely travel to work and back.

LTZ25

I am looiking at I 75 out my whse door about 5 miles from the Florida line. The traffic is going both ways about as heavy as normal. So I would say yes you can travel to and from Georgia and Florida.
That’s what I was saying , but the more I think about it staying where you are might be the correct thing to do .

bilgerat

Senior
Governor of Fl announced road blocks at the state line for the gulf coast counties and shut down all vacation rentals to keep people from covid hot spots up north from bringing it into the panhandle

greg_n_clayton

Ask Fannin County ? They have started ! I don't know how to share links. Google them ! Also Highlands NC just up the road. They using police blockades.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
Governor of Fl announced road blocks at the state line for the gulf coast counties and shut down all vacation rentals to keep people from covid hot spots up north from bringing it into the panhandle
Very fluid situation.

The "map" I saw Friday evening had ALL Florida filled in with red.

I have friends in the Tampa Bay area, lots of them. They are telling me some areas are just as congested as any other time, despite the beach closings.

Me LOVES FLORIDA, as most of you know. I wouldn't stay there now. I'd go somewhere, anywhere where I could be pretty much alone. I'm self- quarantine(ing) right now. I've been turkey hunting once, hospital once. Dr. once and a few trips to da' beer sto'.?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Whole state of NC going on stay-at-home orders starting Monday.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

@kmckinnie have you seen these roadblocks? The interstates must be backed up for miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.