Focus on the Main Thing

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Focus on The Main Thing
1) So what if there is no rapture?
2) What if you have to go through the tribulation?
3) And what if there is no separate millennial reign of Christ?
4) Perhaps we are living in the millennial reign now and Jesus is on the throne now and Satan is bound in the life of believers by the Spirit of God?
5) What if it is simply Christ returns just like He left and takes charge, ushering in a new heaven and new earth?
What if all of the natural interpretation of spiritual things is way off the deep end and dead wrong?

I believe all of these things above yet I know I could be wrong about any and all of them. I can even point to scriptures that support my claims but why is that important?

Moreover, I believe end times, eschatology and the like is completely in the mind of the Almighty and we cannot know what is His to determine.

Let us not keep listening to distracting arguments about Babylon, End Times, or what could happen down the road. There is even quite an effort to redefine grace, mercy, sin and even Gods love. All of these discussions and even arguments are pure distractions from the genuine goal. Run from them!

Rather let’s finish the main thing Christ commanded us to do:

Matthew 28
16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Now I believe if this heart is in you, we still have time to turn the world upside down!

Truly I mean this: God Bless you all!

brutally honest

Luke 10:

38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

gordon 2

Focus on The Main Thing
4) Perhaps we are living in the millennial reign now and Jesus is on the throne now and Satan is bound in the life of believers by the Spirit of God?
5) What if it is simply Christ returns just like He left and takes charge, ushering in a new heaven and new earth?
What if all of the natural interpretation of spiritual things is way off the deep end and dead wrong?

I believe all of these things above yet I know I could be wrong about any and all of them. I can even point to scriptures that support my claims but why is that important?

Moreover, I believe end times, eschatology and the like is completely in the mind of the Almighty and we cannot know what is His to determine.

Let us not keep listening to distracting arguments about Babylon, End Times, or what could happen down the road. There is even quite an effort to redefine grace, mercy, sin and even Gods love. All of these discussions and even arguments are pure distractions from the genuine goal. Run from them!

Matthew 28
16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Now I believe if this heart is in you, we still have time to turn the world upside down!

1)What is the relationship of this directive to the Eleven that they are to make disciples of all the nations and Peter's directive from Jesus to "Feed my sheep."? Why is making disciples of the nations the main thing and feeding the sheep is not the main thing?

2)Why does scripture state to make disciples of the nations and many today seem compelled to what to make disciples of individuals in their own nations which they claim is a Christian nation?

Last edited:

tell sackett

Focus on The Main Thing

Matthew 28

Well sir, truth be told, I have a different view of some of your first points and I'm sure we could could have a high old time debating them. But........
then I read the part in red and the following and I must needs say Amen.

1)What is the relationship of this directive to the Eleven that they are to make disciples of all the nations and Peter's directive from Jesus to "Feed my sheep."? Why is making disciples of the nations the main thing and feeding the sheep is not the main thing?

2)Why does scripture state to make disciples of the nations and many today seem compelled to what to make disciples of individuals in their own nations which they claim is a Christian nation?

1) I believe the answer here lies in v.20. Sheep begin on milk, but they are to move on to strong meat. They must be fed.

2) That's a real good question, and I have absolutely no answer other than spiritual blindness, much like the Israelites of Jesus' day.

formula1

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

“Run with endurance’
A big Amen to that!

formula1

Well sir, truth be told, I have a different view of some of your first points and I'm sure we could could have a high old time debating them. But........
then I read the part in red and the following and I must needs say Amen.

And thank you! And you got it! Bless you!

formula1

1) Making disciples feeds lots of sheep at the master’s table. At least that is my thought!!
2) There are no borders in Christ really! Making one disciples one at a time wherever you go and the nations will change!

Blessings to you my brother!

BanjoPicker

Matt. 10:24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.

No man can ever expect to be greater than Christ, for He is the only Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36).

Matt. 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. This is the highest position in power and in life for a disciple (Jn. 13:16; 14:12-15; 17:18; 20:21). being like Christ should be the goal of all. It is not pride, to want to imitate Him. In fact, it is a command (1 Cor. 11:1).

If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, The philistine god of flies (2 Ki. 1:2). Jews changed it to Beelzebub, the dung god, or lord of the dunghill-a most contemptuous and vile idol. It was identified as prince of demons (Mt. 12:24-32; Mk. 3:22; Lk. 11:15-19).

how much more shall they call them of the household?

Matt. 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. Do not fear man, so as to hide unwanted truth. Speak it in the light and on the housetops (v26, 27; Lk. 12:1-3).

Matt. 10:27 What I tell in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Being flat, they were used for public proclamations and other activities (Dt. 22:8; Josh. 2:6; Judg. 16:27; Neh. 8:16; 2 Sam. 11:2; 2 Ki. 23:12; Isa. 15:3; Acts 10:9).

gemcgrew

"Son, when you know you are made up thing by the Lord and for the Lord for His telling of His life you'll understand...till then it's OK to think you're living your life, just don't forget the name you gave a few moments ago. He'll get you to think. And think about things...so you can know what's real and true way past where just facts can take you".
Very few consider this, and even fewer will understand.

brutally honest

Matt. 10:24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.

No man can ever expect to be greater than Christ, for He is the only Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36).

Matt. 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. This is the highest position in power and in life for a disciple (Jn. 13:16; 14:12-15; 17:18; 20:21). being like Christ should be the goal of all. It is not pride, to want to imitate Him. In fact, it is a command (1 Cor. 11:1).

If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, The philistine god of flies (2 Ki. 1:2). Jews changed it to Beelzebub, the dung god, or lord of the dunghill-a most contemptuous and vile idol. It was identified as prince of demons (Mt. 12:24-32; Mk. 3:22; Lk. 11:15-19).

how much more shall they call them of the household?

Matt. 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. Do not fear man, so as to hide unwanted truth. Speak it in the light and on the housetops (v26, 27; Lk. 12:1-3).

Matt. 10:27 What I tell in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Being flat, they were used for public proclamations and other activities (Dt. 22:8; Josh. 2:6; Judg. 16:27; Neh. 8:16; 2 Sam. 11:2; 2 Ki. 23:12; Isa. 15:3; Acts 10:9).

200w.gif