Food plot pictures as of 8-09

ufg8r93

Saw the plot in person today

Plot looks terrific. Deer don't appear to really be using it yet. There are a few nibbles around the edges. Saw some of the catjang peas that had been eaten and were already regrowing. Amazing.

I think all those flowers in my plot are soybeans? Doesn't look like buckwheat? Whatever it is, the dang bees love it. Whole plot was buzzing with the critters.

Ground blind is in and secured. Need to brush it in. Looks kinda ghetto right now. Nice blind, tho.

Attachments

• gnd bnd.JPG
    gnd bnd.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 158

Mac

ufg8r93 said:
I think all those flowers in my plot are soybeans? Doesn't look like buckwheat? Whatever it is, the dang bees love it. Whole plot was buzzing with the critters.

The white flowers is buckwheat. It grows fast and covers the other plants and allows them to get started. The buckwheat then matures and dies allowing the beans and sorghum to grow.

Mac

THunter said:
Gosh, my deer in Madison County would never stand for letting a plot get that tall.

THunter

To much for them to eat. 150 Ac of growed up chop with honey suckel, briar and browse. heavy fertilzed pastures full of clover, coastal hayfields, 100+ AC of recently bushhogged creek bottoms with tender growth and about 15 Ac of foodplots comparable to the one you see.

Also that plot has an electric fence around it, to keep out the cows.

buckmanmike

looks like nothing is eating it. All of my plots stay short. Once it comes out of the ground they attack it. Am I doing something wrong? I have a plot of two acres and deer are killing it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
diehardawg said:
Looking really good. What is it you have planted? I have not planted for the fall yet, but I cut them about a month ago and the rape and clover is coming back with a vengence. Too bad I will be plowing them under in a few weeks.

Don't do it! You got a good stand of rape and clover going. Lime it and leave it be!