For some reason . .

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I've got the hots for a square bodied Chevy/Ford, tricked out, had the Chevy with a built 327, had the Ford with a 460.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I would put a Iron block 6.0 LS if I was gonna do one. And keep the factory FI. I've always like them trucks. It would be an easy swap.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I've got the hots for a square bodied Chevy/Ford, tricked out, had the Chevy with a built 327, had the Ford with a 460.
Had a 460 when I was a teen and had no idea I coulda built it up until I bragged about selling it. That truck was a camper special beast of a long bed and still my dad beefed up the leaf springs.

transfixer

I always liked the way they looked, the fords moreso than the chevy's, but when they started building extra cab trucks I was all over them, the older trucks never had enough room in them, always felt like I was sitting on top of the steering wheel, but then I'm a good sized boy,, the LS drivetrain swaps are the way to go , dependable engine, fuel injection, automatic overdrive trans, can get 20+mpg out of a lot of the setups, if you stay out of the throttle.

champ

'78 Sierra Classic driving out tomorrow. 400 short block, 4WD, new wood bed, frame off restoration. It's a Hooper replica. Let me know if You want it Quack. This one will end up at BJ auction in a year or so, but I can talk the builder into selling it to ya.

champ

My Son and I have been chipping away at an '83 K5 Silverado for a year. Hoping we'll have it all dolled up by this summer. It's got the original 6.2 diesel in it, but we seem to have it back to life at least. The truck only had 51k miles on it when we drug it out of the woods, so rust and rot been the primary things we've dealt with. Gonna be a fun first ride for the young man, especially when he takes the top off and hits the strip.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
My Son and I have been chipping away at an '83 K5 Silverado for a year. Hoping we'll have it all dolled up by this summer. It's got the original 6.2 diesel in it, but we seem to have it back to life at least. The truck only had 51k miles on it when we drug it out of the woods, so rust and rot been the primary things we've dealt with. Gonna be a fun first ride for the young man, especially when he takes the top off and hits the strip.

The 6.2 is a gas converted diesel ?? Had one.

champ

The 6.2 is a gas converted diesel ?? Had one.
Only thing they have in common is the housing for transmission bolt up. Merle and I rounded up a gas burner tranny that works and will bolt right onto the motor. May have been easier to just swap out for a gas engine in the long run though.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Quack get the Ford!!!! Get the 460, stroke it to a 640 with a 871 blower on top and enjoy life!!!!!!!

GoldDot40

Mid 80's Chevy with a modern 8.1L (496 cu in) and 4L80 trans would be a very cool ride....and dependable.

deerslayer357

I feel ya quack! I have the hots for a 67 Ford Mustang fastback.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I miss my old '83 Chevy. Black. Long-throw four speed with a creeping granny gear. Big ol' tars. Loved that truck. I don't miss working on it all the time, though.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
The original Steve McQueen Bullit is coming up for auction in February!!!!!!!

rayjay

I did a lot of race car towing with a 75 small block 1/2 ton Suburban. I wouldn't mind if I still owned it although the 97 2500 Dodge van is a way better all around vehicle for my needs.