For those of you with hunt club memberships...here is a poll...Just curious

How many of you have experienced a lease or dues increase for 2021-2022.

• Increase

Votes: 65 60.7%
  • No Increase

Votes: 42 39.3%

• Total voters

rstallings1979

with the crazy buying I am seeing with real estate, pull behind campers, cars (dealers are expecting you to pay sticker), Recreational Vehicles etc. I own an insurance agency and our phones have been going crazy over the last three weeks with people buying everything they can get their hands on. It is unreal to be honest and quite scary with worries of inflation ahead in my opinion.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Increase, jumped another dollar per acre. I've managed a club since 1975. Being retired now, fixed income. It's just about to get to my limit, the amount I'm willing to pay. Also what many others are willing to pay. It's go up on dues or add members, and that too will run folks off.

across the river

with the crazy buying I am seeing with real estate, pull behind campers, cars (dealers are expecting you to pay sticker), Recreational Vehicles etc. I own an insurance agency and our phones have been going crazy over the last three weeks with people buying everything they can get their hands on. It is unreal to be honest and quite scary with worries of inflation ahead in my opinion.

Buffet said it best when he said be “fearful when other people are greedy and greedy when other people are fearful.” Right now people are pretty greedy IMO. I don’t see it tailing off immediately though just because savings are up and demand for most everything is pretty robust from what I see. People have savings (average overall) that they will spend once stuff is duly open and businesses are rolling pretty good. The kicker, as you say, is inflation. If it really takes off and the fed has to raise rates then the brakes get pressed pretty hard IMO. Housing will cool off when interest rates go up, which will drop demand for a lot of stuff. You also have the whole Dem tax increase they are just bound and determine to pass through on businesses because they are so “evil” and who knows if some variant of COVID might flare back up. I think 2021 will roll along pretty good, but 2022 might get ugly when you get a combination of inflation, tax increases, and the “free money” spigot is no longer open. Hey, take advantage of the business boom while you can and just keep a little “dry powder” to pick up some deals on land, stocks, etc.... when it all slows down and comes back to earth, which it eventually will.

Better poll would be has your lease per ac increased. Yes our dues went up but due to decrease in number of members, not increase in lease fees.

Jim Boyd

No price increase here. 10 years now.

Personal relationships trump most everything else.

We are still > 100 acres per member.

Flat covered in deer, although a lot of timber got cut recently around one of our best tracts. We will see what that does to the deer traffic in our place.

Best of luck to all.

Nothing yet on the one lease I am still a member of, preserved contracts and relationships help but economic realities eventually hit. I want a spot for myself and that proves to be a 2nd job in itself of finding a resource, trust me I will outbid you but the providers have crap systems in place. Money speaks and everyone likes it until they are priced out.

Everyone who wants a cheap lease is no different from the property owner who wants the most money to lease. Your strict budget doesn't matter to economic changes so you should plan better or hunt public. Enjoy capitalism, it is looking to be a privilege in the future. The Biden voters who hunt should research what it takes to hunt in Europe.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I just got in a new lease , the guy said he was taking 2 more members to cover the increase is how I got in . Went up from $12.20 per acre to $14.22 ac

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
To think, when I first began leasing it was .25 cents per acre in 1975 in Macon Co. Al. Moved to Ga in 85, first property was owned by GP, they said hunt it free the first year, and they would send me a lease next year. Can't remember the first price, but it wasn't much. Property has changed timber companies since then about three or four times. Each company went up and now we don't get to deal with the timber company. Legacy wildlife handles most leased lands in our area now. This is like sub leasing, what the timber companies used to say wasn't allowed by us.

sghoghunter

To think, when I first began leasing it was .25 cents per acre in 1975 in Macon Co. Al. Moved to Ga in 85, first property was owned by GP, they said hunt it free the first year, and they would send me a lease next year. Can't remember the first price, but it wasn't much. Property has changed timber companies since then about three or four times. Each company went up and now we don't get to deal with the timber company. Legacy wildlife handles most leased lands in our area now. This is like sub leasing, what the timber companies used to say wasn't allowed by us.

Someone always has to get in the middle of something and try to make a dollar for free.

Rich M

The lease I was on went up last year - prolly about $7 or maybe $8/acre right now. Private lease, long term lease, there is some kind of behind the scenes relationship. Think I paid $1450 last year for lease and share of a corn crib.

Add in travel and lodging at local hotel (no camps allowed on lease) and was north of $3K last year. Pretty steep for a couple weekends of hunting - that's all i do, about 3 weekends. At $1,000+/weekend, it done crossed the budgetary threshold for me.

Can go out west for less, spend the same amount of time hunting, see diff scenery & critters you don't see regularly. Fun stuff.

Nothing yet on the one lease I am still a member of, preserved contracts and relationships help but economic realities eventually hit. I want a spot for myself and that proves to be a 2nd job in itself of finding a resource, trust me I will outbid you but the providers have crap systems in place. Money speaks and everyone likes it until they are priced out.

Everyone who wants a cheap lease is no different from the property owner who wants the most money to lease. Your strict budget doesn't matter to economic changes so you should plan better or hunt public. Enjoy capitalism, it is looking to be a privilege in the future. The Biden voters who hunt should research what it takes to hunt in Europe.

Folks have been saying hunting will be a rich man's sport before I was born. You are contributing to that in your zealousness to outbid folks for the lease they may have been on for 20+ years.

You gotta have it all figured out, be online when they release em, and snag the one you want if doing a timber lease. Otherwise - call a realtor and tell them that price is no option - you have money to spend on a hunting lease (and want to make the US be like Europe where only those willing to drop a dollar or know someone should be allowed to hunt).

Sounds like you need your own spot to hunt anyway. With all this money to throw around, why not buy some land?

Good Luck to you.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
15 an acre in Randolph county pays the taxes on agricultural and that's what I pay. Wont go up unless property taxes go up is what I was told. I can hunt all year and do as I please with the property as long as it isn't in the fields.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Have recently been told, there are leases going for 20 bucks an acre just north of me. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth keeping up the roads and improving the hunting by management. Lost a huge lease in Al years ago, after having a dozier come in, improve the road, put in food plots and building 35 stands. Lost without any negotiations. When you're leasing, it's like riding on may pop tires.

Joe Brandon

Buddy obviously you aint out biding anybody if trying to find your own lease is like a second job. Because TRUST ME, if your money was talking the way you are you wouldnt be looking that hard.

Joe Brandon

The lease I was on went up last year - prolly about $7 or maybe $8/acre right now. Private lease, long term lease, there is some kind of behind the scenes relationship. Think I paid $1450 last year for lease and share of a corn crib.

Add in travel and lodging at local hotel (no camps allowed on lease) and was north of $3K last year. Pretty steep for a couple weekends of hunting - that's all i do, about 3 weekends. At $1,000+/weekend, it done crossed the budgetary threshold for me.

Can go out west for less, spend the same amount of time hunting, see diff scenery & critters you don't see regularly. Fun stuff.

Folks have been saying hunting will be a rich man's sport before I was born. You are contributing to that in your zealousness to outbid folks for the lease they may have been on for 20+ years.

You gotta have it all figured out, be online when they release em, and snag the one you want if doing a timber lease. Otherwise - call a realtor and tell them that price is no option - you have money to spend on a hunting lease (and want to make the US be like Europe where only those willing to drop a dollar or know someone should be allowed to hunt).

Sounds like you need your own spot to hunt anyway. With all this money to throw around, why not buy some land?

Good Luck to you.
Rich I was thinking the same. A good 7-10 trip in north west texas, guided could run anywhere from2500-5k. That is a pretty good option and a great trip it sounds like!