Light face mask
Ball cap
1x each: slate,mouth,box call
2 strikers
1 crow call
Several shot shells
1 spare button battery for red dot site
If cold, a stocking cap, maybe a neck wrap

It’s nice on those cold mornings to shed the jacket into the vest as it warms up.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Trying to go light but I keep getting busted so this year I’ll be setting up my ground blind a few times for sure(at my local hot spots of course)
This is my spring and summer kit
E56F5ABC-0BA4-4786-A422-5E514BBE2FB9.jpeg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Possibles bag based on a Scottish Sporan and it carries the few essentials I need, walking stick, Scott`s Cutter, godogs 57 knife, single barrel shotgun. I can hit the swamp with just those and stay for a month or more if need be.

riverswamp bird.jpg

six

Nic, I'm liking that single pipe.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, I'm liking that single pipe.

Thank you kindly! That`s my old Gun Docc Special. What`s not in the picture, but hangs around my neck on all my hunts, is a real special rivercane trumpet. That call is the trick for a gobbler that wants to hang up out there. :cheers:

SC Hunter

I've got a little fanny pack that I've been using the last few years and it has a hole in it so I'm going to have to use something different this year. I am going to check out that bread bag and see what I can come up with. I don't miss the vest at all and really enjoy the lighter is better aspect.

tad1

Nic why are those notches in that walking stick? And please post up a pic of that cane yelper when u get a chance!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic why are those notches in that walking stick? And please post up a pic of that cane yelper when u get a chance!

That`s where I hold the walking stick. I cut them in it to help me grip it. I used to wrap that area with deerskin, but in wet weather that stuff gets almighty slick.

Darkhorse

I wear an old vest my wife bought me way back when they reopened middle georgia to hunting turkeys again. Over the years I've noticed which calls drummed up the most gobbles, and which ones closed the deal most often.
In a large pocket I carry 2 box calls, the main one is over 40 years old and just beats my others hands down. This is the one I kill my birds with. The other box is only used if I want to try to sound like more turkeys. It is mostly unused. Those pockets also hold a headnet, camo gloves. chalk and scuff pads.
The other side holds a slate call and shells those rare times I tote a shotgun. Around my neck is an old tube call that in conjunction with the box coaxes most of my birds in.
The game bag holds an old hen decoy, and water.
For a number of years now I've hunted turkeys exclusively with a .40 cal. flintlock. All the essentials are carried in a leather shooting bag.
The vest and shooting bag are ready all the time. Just waiting on me to pick them up, put them on, and walk out the door.

CroMagnum

I ran a cheapo vest from Academy last year and hated it. Too hot and not enough pockets. This year I'm running a small tactical pack that holds a water bladder and all my calls. I'll also run a bino harness so between those two, and the pockets on my pants I'll have enough room for my slate with 3 strikers, box call, crow call and an inflatable cusion that can fit in the palm of my hand when not inflated, small first aid kit, cammo netting, poncho and thermacell. I should be good to go.

Mattval

Wil
I use a satchel pack from Tom Teasers and a Low Down seat from Fanatic Outdoors. I'll never go back to carrying around a hot, heavy vest.
Will that satchell pack hold a box call?

Mattval

Last year I started using the Primos Rocker vest. Alot of storage. It is heavier than what I like.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Wil

Will that satchell pack hold a box call?

I’ve carried two in mine before, along with couple pot calls and strikers.

DRBugman85

Tom teaser & a Fatboy THICK Cushion, The tom teaser carrys all of my stuff,water bottle, 1Box call, 4 mouth calls( change purse) 2 pot calls,3 Strikers, 4 xtra turkey loads, 1 Buckshot, Thermo-cell hangs on a loop, 2 pair Gloves,2 face mask,zip lock with paper for (just in case)+ 1 pack Cigarette/ligther, a Garmin 100/TT 15, Hunting licence and cell phone, I Modify the carrying strap with the CLAW sling(will not slip),I cover a lot of ground sometimes and a vest is to hot for me.Ive give away 3 vest that were gifts from friends I took hunting in the past.
I keep it simple and compact.