For you fishing folks with cabin fever

little rascal

I know ya'll having some screwed up weather. But, get you a couple days sunshine and no floods and go to Brushy branch and head up Cedar creek. From the mouth of cedar up to the stump flats, small to medium white bass are stacked in there eating, staging waiting to go up river. Have caught the fool out of them for years from January thru February and then on up river thru spring with plenty Yellow bass too! Superbowl weekend is a good time to go if you ain't had no floods. If it flood's that creek gets straightened out in a couple days. If I was still down there, I'd be right there on it! You can also accidently catch a lot of large crappie. The lock and dam always happens later, sometimes short and sweet, bigger whites, but Coosa gets messed up a lot before they run up to the lock. Cedar, they smaller ones stack up in there and just eat! Small jig head grubs and small swimbaits. If you ain't getting bit, slow it down and drag it on the botttom. You will get into them eventually.

Anvil Head

Filled the livewell many many times on Cedar. Excellent advice here.

campboy

A couple weekends ago when the weather was warm the crappie and white bass were in the river. I haven't been since but this is an excellent time to fish Brushy and surrounding areas. But be careful!! This area likes to eat props and lower units

campboy

Ok, more information please. I don't know where Cedar creek is?

Brushy Branch and Big Cedar creek are tributaries of the Coosa River here in Floyd County. There is a boat ramp at Brushy Branch that can be a real challenge at low water levels

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Brushy Branch and Big Cedar creek are tributaries of the Coosa River here in Floyd County. There is a boat ramp at Brushy Branch that can be a real challenge at low water levels
For those that don't know it can be a challenge at full pool. ;)

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
You're right. BTW, I haven't forgot about you. Maybe we can get together this year sir
Just let me know, ain't seen my favorite stretch of water since little rascal ran away to W.V. a few years back.

little rascal

You know where they are, you know when they are there, tell people to take you fishing and u can put them on them!

little rascal

between now and superbowl u can catch a bunch of whites staging before they run up cedar! go to brushy and take a right!

little rascal

If I was there, be hitting it every time the creek ain't flooded and muddy. Beautiful thing about cedar, can be 10 ft. high and back to normal in a few days. Coosa can roll mud for weeks. We used to catch them in February, then found out they are there staging in January. March comes gotta chase them up the creek when the Yellows fall in line.
Love me some white bass pre-superbowl!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
So when we goin??:biggrin2:
When ever you name it. He may not have taught me everything he knows... but he taught me everything I know about that stretch of water. And they are there now.... if you know where to look.

Latest posts