For you hunters 55 and older

mlandrum

Ya’ll ever thought about giving one of those ole wore out hunters that taught you how to hunt rather than useIng them as a illustration to boost your selfish desires- I’m a Vietnam Vet and 90% disable and look at a lot of U-Tube hunting and fishing and can still take my little .308 and hit the bulls eye , and by the way a disable veteran doesn’t have to have a leg or something else blown of to be a doable war veteran. This year I got 4 deer and 3 hogs and had to call my grandsons to help me drag them out but there’s a lot of other ole coots sitting home watching U-Yube wishing someone would call them and at least make an offer to go with you. Signed: OLD COOTCB5D254F-9137-4A53-AA0D-FBBAEDA29E58.jpeg

Handgunner 45-70

I'M 63 had heart attack back in may and man it really has slowed me down. but still hunting and fishing when I get chance. This Corona Virus got us all scared. Today they were talking up to 200 thousand more will die in U.S. before it starts to end. Make one afraid to go out the house anymore. 100 % disabled Vet. here also. And hope when my time comes that I am in the woods.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I will take a moment to make an observation from an older point of view. I admit that I don’t read much normally over in the political forum. But like many of us I have recently with the ongoing serious Covic-19 tragedy.
The sparse reading I did over there in the past made me aware that there are those among us who claimed to despise any form of government. Local, state, national no matter. They think society could exist with no government. These same people and another group likewise HATE all politicians. Everyone from small town council members to POTUS.

Now fast forward to the pandemic of 2020. These same haters/people are of the opinion that it’s the responsibility of these governments and despised politicians to solve the pandemic problems!!!

Am I the only one seeing this?

Last edited:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I will take a moment to make an observation from an older point of view. I admit that I don’t read much normally over in the political forum. But like many of us I have recently with the ongoing serious Covic-19 tragedy.
The sparse reading I did over there in the past made me aware that there are those among us who claimed to despise any form of government. Local, state, national no matter. They think society could exist with no government. These same people and another group likewise HATE all politicians. Everyone from small town council members to POTUS.

Now fast forward to the pandemic of 2020. These same haters/people are of the opinion that it’s the responsibility of these governments and despised politicians to solve these problems!!!

No sir, you're not. I read some things on here that reek of "sovereign citizenry". That's very concerning.

BowArrow

I am 82 and survived a widow maker heart attach and two cancers one which required a stem cell transplant at Emory Hospital. I had a great 2019 season with my new BowTec SR6 bow. I can still drag them 300 yards with my two wheel cart although it is getting harder. This will be season number 55 with a bow for me. I let my back seat down in my car and load it up with hunting gear for the four month long deer season. I converted one of my bedrooms to an exercise room in November which allows me to exercise any time day or night. I do ten exercises ever day including a bow exerciser. Will be shooting for 1,500 push ups in one day next month. Got to be able to climb trees and draw my bow for a few more years.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I am 82 and survived a widow maker heart attach and two cancers one which required a stem cell transplant at Emory Hospital. I had a great 2019 season with my new BowTec SR6 bow. I can still drag them 300 yards with my two wheel cart although it is getting harder. This will be season number 55 with a bow for me. I let my back seat down in my car and load it up with hunting gear for the four month long deer season. I converted one of my bedrooms to an exercise room in November which allows me to exercise any time day or night. I do ten exercises ever day including a bow exerciser. Will be shooting for 1,500 push ups in one day next month. Got to be able to climb trees and draw my bow for a few more years.
You, sir are amazing.

Jim Boyd

Now fast forward to the pandemic of 2020. These same haters/people are of the opinion that it’s the responsibility of these governments and despised politicians to solve the pandemic problems!!!

One need not look far to find hypocrisy.

Like anything else, and this includes politics - anyone or anything at either extreme of an issue can be dangerous.

Wayne D Davis

I sure admire your style. If I'm blessed to live long as you im sure I'll still hunt.... probably from a tailgate tho

Triple C

Every hunter's hero!

bowhunterdavid

I got some friends in there 50's that complain about pulling a bow back because there shoulder hurts. I try to tell them a 40 pound bow with a sharp broadhead will work. I am going to share your post with them. You Sir are amazing,, Keep going at it Sir.

Triple C

A "hold my beer and watch this" moment that some of you 55 and older guys can relate to:

I turn 64 in a couple of months and like every one else says, the mind is still 18 when they body knows better. Bout a month ago I was at the farm and late in the day on a Saturday, I decided to hop on my e-bike and take a spin around the farm. I've had this thing for a couple of years and love it...until the interior roads turn to mush like they do at the end of winter and early spring.

I'm cruising down one of my interior roads and come around a curve to see about a 10 yd long steak of black yuk muck. I stopped and thought to myself, self...you can easily negotiate that. Off and I and hit the spot with plenty of speed and without hesitation, the front wheel slides out from underneath me and down I went.

Here's the funny part...Once I realized I had no broke ribs or bones, I attempted to get up. It was embarrassing to say the least and glad no one was there to watch. Attempting to right myself in an upright position while wallowing in slick muck took more than one try. Back down i went.

Came back to the cabin covered in muck. Stripped down to my birthday suit underneath the pavilion and showered no worse for the wear.
20200330 Bike Wreck.jpg20200330 wreck aftermath.jpg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A "hold my beer and watch this" moment that some of you 55 and older guys can relate to:

I turn 64 in a couple of months and like every one else says, the mind is still 18 when they body knows better. Bout a month ago I was at the farm and late in the day on a Saturday, I decided to hop on my e-bike and take a spin around the farm. I've had this thing for a couple of years and love it...until the interior roads turn to mush like they do at the end of winter and early spring.

I'm cruising down one of my interior roads and come around a curve to see about a 10 yd long steak of black yuk muck. I stopped and thought to myself, self...you can easily negotiate that. Off and I and hit the spot with plenty of speed and without hesitation, the front wheel slides out from underneath me and down I went.

Here's the funny part...Once I realized I had no broke ribs or bones, I attempted to get up. It was embarrassing to say the least and glad no one was there to watch. Attempting to right myself in an upright position while wallowing in slick muck took more than one try. Back down i went.

Came back to the cabin covered in muck. Stripped down to my birthday suit underneath the pavilion and showered no worse for the wear.
View attachment 1012199View attachment 1012200

Maybe people our age should stick with 4 wheels. :bounce:

shdw633

View attachment 1012199View attachment 1012200

Don't feel too bad....I've went down three times and once was because of mud and yes it is embarrassing trying to get back up...even with no one around!! I can drive mine through sugar sand with no problem but for some reason that front wheel just does not like mud and gets squirrely on me every time. Glad you're ok and hope you didn't do any damage to the bike!!