For you hunters 55 and older

W

Wayne Dang Davis

Im 4 months shy of 55 but I havnt changed a thing as of yet. Im sure Ill slow down a bit in time but for now Ill continue to ware out boots

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm 67 in November and I'm still hard charging in the woods. It's just slower hard charging now.

jbogg

I will join the 55 and over club in September. When I can no longer carry a deer/hog/bear out of the woods I will hunt turkeys. When I can no longer climb that ridge after Ole Tom I will learn to Trout fish those mountains. And when I am to old to trout fish...Lord take me home.

DeweyDuck

I finally made it to 80 last Thanksgiving;thought it would take a looott longer. I killed my 1st deer at Cedar Creek in 1963. I had an old Savage 300 pump that came from Alaska and I only had 4 bullets with me. Didn't have a clue how to hunt deer; been hard at it ever since. A good trip in those days was if you just saw a deer on the road to camp. Had a few issues in the last 5 years; shot in the back by my legally blind brother in law 5 years ago, 2 new knees, 2 new eyes (cataract surgeries) 2 new hearing aids, and 2 new arteries to my heart this last January, But now I'm in the best shape I've been in the last 10 years so this year will be a goodun. I shot a little 8 pointer last year at 390 yards and I'm gonna get a 500 yarder this year with my new handloads. I shot a 5/8" group at 200 yards with my 7 MM mag so I have good odds to make it happen. Gotta leave my grandsons with a legacy.

Wide Earp

I figure as long as i can walk in the woods, i'll hunt.
When it comes to the point that i have trouble walking in the woods then MAYBE i'll think about giving up.
nah I'm gonna get something to ride!

DeweyDuck

I'm 70 will be competing in a sprint triathlon on Saturday so I'm not thinking yet about not hunting or fishing or playing golf
Good on you sir. After my 5 years of trials and tribulations, my goal was to run-----25 yards! Hehe Did that 2 weeks ago in a footrace with my 5 year old grandaughter.

MYRX

64 this year. In a new club, have been scouting and erecting stands since January. Still have the urge to be in the woods and enjoy what the creator provided. I am more tender hearted now, and much more selective on what I harvest. No deer taken last year for the first time since I started hunting. I still have that strong desire to get the heck out of bed at 4:30AM and get going, LOL

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Two folks posting up in here that can turn this thread into an old folks subform............... just saying ;)

Are you willing to come back as a Moderator and take care of an Old Folks Subforum? :pop:

Meriwether Mike

Turning 59 next month. I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!!;)

Kaisrus6

Turned 55 earlier this spring, but my focus this year and for the next several years, Lord willing, will be on my 81 yr old Dad. He recently had a heart valve replaced, a pacemaker/defibrillator installed, both knees replaced and his left hip replaced. Still has the fire to hunt and wants to shoot one more deer with his old Model 71 Winchester he's had since he was 12 years old. My goal is to make that happen.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Are you willing to come back as a Moderator and take care of an Old Folks Subforum? :pop:

Maybe in 21 months and 10 days if it doesn’t conflict with full time hunting, fishing, and membership in the local Hardee,s breakfast club. ?

Smokepoler

58 yrs old.Been deer hunting since 15 yrs old and killed my biggest buck ever last Dec 9th,in Georgia and in the snow! (avatar).Have raised one Grandson up hunting who is gone off to college now and have a 5 year old will take out for the first time ever this year. Still loving it!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Maybe in 21 months and 10 days if it doesn’t conflict with full time hunting, fishing, and membership in the local Hardee,s breakfast club. ?
I was gonna say why not the local "Pot Luck" breakfast club, but the last two weeks I've tried twice to go there and you couldn't even park near the place it was so packed. Not sure I'd use Hardee's as a second alternative though. Went to Cotton Cafe for a Breakfast Bowl this morning after a drive by assessment of the Pot Luck, full again.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I was gonna say why not the local "Pot Luck" breakfast club, but the last two weeks I've tried twice to go there and you couldn't even park near the place it was so packed. Not sure I'd use Hardee's as a second alternative though. Went to Cotton Cafe for a Breakfast Bowl this morning after a drive by assessment of the Pot Luck, full again.

You may be right. I may have to be retired a few years to hang with that hardcore bunch of old guys at Hardee’s

Latest posts