For you hunters 55 and older

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I am 81 and have bowhunted over 50 years and have not slowed down. Hunt by myself and have 8 different places I hunt from my sub-division to Fort Stewart which is 50 miles. Am hog hunting FS this summer and doing some scouting for deer season. I do some hard exercising every day except Sunday which keeps me in shape to climb trees. Hunting by myself is not the safest thing to do but I got to be out in woods looking for tracks. No bait, camera, scents or calls. Just my PSE and Summit.

The way my knees are, I`m not gonna make as far as you have, and while I admire no man, I tip my hat to you, Sir. The best to you. :cheers:

shdw633

It would not drag out an animal but some put a cart on the back and then you could.

In general I exit, dump the bike and go back in sometimes with help. That allows the deer to die in peace too.

Also here is a video on the benies of electric bike while hunting

For those that are veterans out there Rambo bikes has a great deal going on for their 750 watt mid-drive G3 model. Regularly it's $2600 plus but they have it on their website on sale for $1599 plus you get free bike rack and fenders (this weekend for fathers day). That's a good deal on it's own, but if you are a veteran you can request a code from them and get the bike for 20% less as a military discount, that's only $1280 for the bike. If you have done any research at all on electric bikes you will know that's an outstanding deal on a mid drive electric bike, especially a Rambo bike. I just thought I would pass that along.

Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I can’t wait til I get to go everyday........

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'll be 68 this November and I'm still determined to meet the Great Spirit in the woods with my weapons and wampum close by. In the mean time I'm not as good as I once was but I'm good once as I ever was.

oldguy

I am 81 and have bowhunted over 50 years and have not slowed down. Hunt by myself and have 8 different places I hunt from my sub-division to Fort Stewart which is 50 miles. Am hog hunting FS this summer and doing some scouting for deer season. I do some hard exercising every day except Sunday which keeps me in shape to climb trees. Hunting by myself is not the safest thing to do but I got to be out in woods looking for tracks. No bait, camera, scents or calls. Just my PSE and Summit.
I'm only 73, but I want to be like you when I grow up!

switchbackxt1

I’m 58 just had Back Surgery and having a fit because I cannot drive yet. Surgery was performed a month ago and walking and exercises. Just taking it slowly bow season is probably out but rifle season will be welcomed. I’m going to hunt and fish and work until I simply cannot go or pass away. That’s just the way it is. When you love the outdoors it’s

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
4 months since a post. We musta been deer hunting.

What’s up ?????

I hear @Nicodemus qualifies for Medicare now , Congrats!!!

I qualify this May.

oldguy

GREAT SEASON!
Topped off the freezer this a.m. Blessed.
Reckon I'll set a few traps for coyotes and beavers now. Anybody want/need a hide for something?
Might try to kill a hog with my Big Jim's "Thunder Child"bow.
Heck, it don't look like it right now, but we'll be wading the creeks and the river 'fore you know it!

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
55 and still ruttin. Ripped 2 trees out of the ground this morning. Wish I was headed out in the woods tomorrow.

brdyhll

I figure as long as i can walk in the woods, i'll hunt.
When it comes to the point that i have trouble walking in the woods then MAYBE i'll think about giving up.
Told
My dad that I’d push him into the woods in a wheelchair if I had too. Never got the chance but would’ve gladly done it if I’d gotten a chance or needed too. Hope that I get to hunt till I die, but if I can’t walk I hope my boys love me enough to shove me into a spot so I can still go

Twiggbuster

Seeing a few thread responses of guys giving it up for various reasons. If you are physically suffering I hope you find relief. Getting older ain’t no picnic. If are not feeling it mentally or spiritually, I hope find something to fill the void.
I need to go find my turkey hunting tote.
I see maples tips are showing color, won’t be long now!