Forget hog doggin, try some shark wrangling, bare handed

georgia_home

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looks like a mako. Kind doubt he could have handled it if the shark had been fresh.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I was thinking sand tiger...They are notoriously docile, when being handled in the surf. They don't fight much on the line, and barely resist de hooking, and walking them around to get em pointed the right way for release. They spend a lot of time right on the shoreline.

The video isn't completely unreasonable, if it's a sandy.

Still an idiot, though...lol

lampern

looks like it was hooked to a fishing rod?

You can see a person with a rod in the video

Probably exhausted

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
This one was a handful to boat, and he was attached to my line. They tend to get a tad frisky and ornery along side the boat. Took a pic and released him. I would think twice about wrestling a reasonable healthy 8 footer in the water. 4023.jpeg

Last edited:

pottydoc

I was thinking sand tiger...They are notoriously docile, when being handled in the surf. They don't fight much on the line, and barely resist de hooking, and walking them around to get em pointed the right way for release. They spend a lot of time right on the shoreline.

The video isn't completely unreasonable, if it's a sandy.

Still an idiot, though...lol
I’m thinking you’re correct. on both counts. :) Sandy’s got pointed noses, and the jagged teeth like the one on the vid. And, they’re even less aggressive than a nurse shark

Anvil Head